Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Been today and bought a, Image 530/18 UHF Directional TV Antenna and mast to connect onto my rear ladder. 40 pounds for the two.

Was going to buy the, Status Omni-Directional TV Antenna but the caravan shop said that being omnidirectional it would'nt be as strong as a directional.

I'm hoping to couple it up to a freeview box and use on a 14" tv for now.

What do you lot use ?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
Burstner t625 Harmony
Exp
Since 2006
There was (still is) a Status 315 (and booster box) fitted to our van when we bought it but we bought an Image 530/18 last year because the reception on the Status isn't good enough in some places - though it was OK at Haworth a couple of weeks ago.

The Image (we also bought a booster box for that) works fine. Because the same company makes them we can just swap the booster boxes depending on which aerial we are using.

I stuck a couple of Uni-bracket plates to the side of the van to mount the mast as we don't have a rear ladder or anything else suitable.

We used to use a 15 inch flat panel TV with set top box but a few months ago bought a 10.4 inch TV with built in digital tuner.

Graham

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
An aerial on a pole is one of the best systems and alway the easiest position and tune in.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A bog standard digital hi-gain domestic aerial on a 2mtr pole fixed to two sticky backed(very sticky! permenant!!) plastic clamps. works almost anywhere and if it dont i take the aerial off and fix the sat dish to the same pole. :thumb:
it dont need to look pretty cos i cant see it from indoors. ::bigsmile:

john.

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
The only problem with Freeview is that it stops at the English chanel:Eeek:. Go Sat and enjoy English TV in europe:thumb:.

Don

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Had a 530 on both my last two vans now!
I cant fault it!
Had a high gain house ariel before and it didn't come close for ease of use and reception!

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi aLdi are doing a small free view box on offer from thursday 27th

HERE IDEAL FOR a van

RAY:Smile:

Last edited:
SMC Motorhomes Newark