Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Certainly looks a neat aerial.
Is the magnetic base sufficiently strong for it to be left on a van when driving? Has anyone any experience of routing one through a signal booster?
Might also buy one to replace the weather ravaged one on the boat as well.
Yes the magnet is very strong. It's heavy too with a rubbery base so it wouldn't move even if the van isn't metal 👍

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Ours now in Benidorm, think she (Ann) gets 50 odd channels and no amplifier.

20211003_113359.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Has anyone got / had one of these on their van?
Are they any good?
We have one, seems to work ok & is very snall compared to thr other options out there. Currently in Lincoln with 100+ channels, though only managed 40 in Holmfirth at the weekend. We have a firestick as a backup.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
I'm curious about these. Does anyone know if these could act as a permanent replacement for the wedge shaped antenna that most of us have on the roof?
These look nice and tidy and frankly I find the wedgy often pretty average when it comes to reception.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I'm curious about these. Does anyone know if these could act as a permanent replacement for the wedge shaped antenna that most of us have on the roof?
These look nice and tidy and frankly I find the wedgy often pretty average when it comes to reception.
Its a permanent fit for me.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
The question comes to mind that if these little aerials are as good as the alternative and more cumbersome flying saucer aerials and the like, why are they not fitted more as standard option on new motorhomes?

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I was a bit dubious at first, but it seems to work well enough. Not planning to change anytime soon. The amplifier only has one output so may not be suitable for some vans.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Not sure about this one, but check the specs carefully. Most of the Ballade Supergain antennas are intended for international marine use and manufactured abroad. As a result they are nearly all only horizontally polarised and won't receive signals from many UK transmitters that use vertical polarisation. Our transmitters are staggered between horizontal and vertical signals to minimise them interfering with each other.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Only place we haven't managed to get reception so far was at the CL at Stourhead.

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
The August is very good. You may have a 5v aerial power setting on your tv, that helps boost things a bit too.

May 26, 2017
Derry
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
zero
Not sure about this one, but check the specs carefully. Most of the Ballade Supergain antennas are intended for international marine use and manufactured abroad. As a result they are nearly all only horizontally polarised and won't receive signals from many UK transmitters that use vertical polarisation. Our transmitters are staggered between horizontal and vertical signals to minimise them interfering with each other.
That would explain why I didn't get a signal the few times I have tried to use it around my local area. Amazon says it is vertical only.

Edit:
My Bad, I forgot to check the age of the post before typing x:-)

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
The Ballade Supergain has worked fine for me so far. Used in Yorks, Cambridge Norfolk, Hampshire, Devon, Dorset, Wiltshire, Suffolk, Linc's., Bedfordshire. Must be lucky I guess.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back