Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
this is a picture of the setup we have got

we bought the van 2nd hand and it looks like at some point there was another box in booster cupboard.
We don't get a good signal not sure if the aerial on roof can be raised.
Any help advice needed.
Plays dvd well!
thanks
Jim

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Is the booster turned on? Follow the cable on left make sure the fuse has not gone. Do not know that booster but ones I do know light up.
Have you got tv to digital?
Is there digital in that area?

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Don't want to state the obvious but been in your predicament myself :Doh:
is the coax connected to tv and is vision box switched on? Don't think you can raise your antenna.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
booster light on digital signal in area will take cover off and look for fuse.
I do know we had to change our aerial on house when we went digital a few years ago so wondering if the newer booster was removed at some point.
Jim

Upvote 0

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Have you got the Avtex manual?
Just in case then the manuals are here .....just choose yours

Link Removed

:thumb:

Upvote 0

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Are you sure you have the tv on the DTV setting, as most places now have no analogue signal, I can only see TV on the bar under where it say's channel 4
You also need to retune the tv at each area you visit and it might be worth checking that the aerial is man enough to receive digital signals,( if yours is a status 330 it is) not sure about earlier models.

Upvote 0
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Never had much luck with those "Dinner Plates" so we bought a conventional aerial and it works OK, depending upon the area.
Some place just don't let the digital signal through at all.
It's not like analogue where you can watch snow and listen to fizzing if you want to, with digital it's all or nothing....:cry:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
status 315 are about as useless as you can get.

its an omnidirectional aerial, meaning it receives a signal from any direction so cant be as efficient as a directional aerial and will never get a decent signal if you cant see the transmitter mast.

my advise is bin it and buy a decent directional aerial.

Upvote 0

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I'm probably stating the obvious, but you've run the re-tune menu on the TV for the digital tuner (not the old analogue tuner)? I have to do ours every time we visit a new camp site. When it's doing a search for new channels it gives a percentage readout of signal power and quality - anything more than 80% seems ok.

The rest of your setup looks ok, if the cable from the Vision Plus to the TV is plugged in the back of the TV ok and you've screwed the booster wheel all the way up (and then back a quarter of a turn (works best on ours)) then you've done most of what I would have done. Those flying saucer type Ariels are not the best but are normally good enough.

Sorry I can't suggest more things to try.:Sad:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
check with house aerial so must be van aerial not up to the job most likely ok with old analog signal.
whats best to get?
jim

Upvote 0
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Is the booster turned on? Follow the cable on left make sure the fuse has not gone. Do not know that booster but ones I do know light up.
Have you got tv to digital?
Is there digital in that area?

It will be a struggle to pick up digital with that omi dir Ariel

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
status 315 are about as useless as you can get.

its an omnidirectional aerial, meaning it receives a signal from any direction so cant be as efficient as a directional aerial and will never get a decent signal if you cant see the transmitter mast.

my advise is bin it and buy a decent directional aerial.

I agree with that. I had one of those about 15 years or so ago on my caravan and it was pretty useless even then on analogue. I now have directional one (Status) and the extension pole is in the wardrobe so I can lift it up about 3 or 4ft. I must say that I have been very impressed with it so far, but have not been into the mountains yet! But, as others have said, you have to tune in your TV every time you stop.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have had no signal went to Waldergraves this weekend and guess what had a good signal all weekend.
Did pop into John Cross last Sunday very helpful and they said unless you have clear line to main aerial you will struggle, also had a look at a few options to upgrade.
Jim

Upvote 0

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
With those Status flying saucer omni directional antennas, you have to be very close to a transmitter to get a signal otherwise they are next to useless, other than as a substitute Frisbee.....

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
I am with you Jim, new to the game, and our new toy has a self seek dish but won't lock on to the satellite. Apparently the tuner box needs to be upgraded, so that is being done at the moment. Here in Spain it cost € 75.00 but hopefully will be ok after. Best of luck with your solution.
Ainsley

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
even with the update, you may struggle to get uk tv in spain on your satellite box as the footprint of coverage changed when they moved the satellites. some places it will get some channels others it may get none now

no problem if your going for the euro satellites though

Upvote 0

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We've found the best aerial is the Avtex figure-8 one.

Usually it's just plonked on the roof through the skylight. Sometimes it's left suckered to the rear end of the roof - occasionally just on the window...

We also use it in the house. Never failed us yet :Smile:

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
even with the update, you may struggle to get uk tv in spain on your satellite box as the footprint of coverage changed when they moved the satellites. some places it will get some channels others it may get none now

no problem if your going for the euro satellites though

The fitter reports today that the update gives a good signal. We will see in the next few days when I collect the van and head north on Sunday. Sadly need the strictly results!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back