Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
In my new motorhome I have an ariel and box that fits into a TV but no TV. However I have an ipad which has a flat screen.

Have looked everywhere on the internet. Does anyone know if a connector exists that converts a TV ariel into an ipad connection so I can use my ipad as a television instead of having to buy a new TV.

Basically I want to plug the TV ariel into my ipad so need some sort of converter if it exists.

Thank for your help.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
it would be cheaper to get a tv i would say the ipad will be to small a screen as well for good tv viewing check out kogan and get a 12v tv

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Go and buy a cheap 12v tv from a supermarket. It will do all of what the expensive ones do with the aid of a regulator and will cost £100 or under.

Using anything Apple for long term use isn't a good idea as all the internals are glued and bonded, which means it goes in the bin if it develops a fault.

Upvote 0

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You want a Tivizen.

If you want to be able to use it without mains hookup you will need this:
Link Removed

and this:

(and perhaps as USB 12v cigarette charger to run it from 12v)

If you are always going to have mains hookup available, just purchase this (it won't work with an inverter):
Link Removed

It's a great product - turn on, connect your iPad to the WiFi signal it creates, tune it and you're away - with a great, easy to use program guide. We sold them for a while - but the margins are so small and required a lot of explaining and on occasion supporting that we dropped them to concentrate on what we're good at :)

Adam
www.motorhomewifi.com

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I use my iPad was a TV with an app, I've also got a long lead that I can plug into my dash you need wifi to watch TV but as others have said it might be better to buy a TV if your signal is dodge you could connect your iPad to the TV with a HMFI lead. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tecnikal

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks

Thanks everyone, that gives me all the information I need.

I like the idea of the tivizen I-plug. Shame it doesn't come in 12v. That's given me a lot to think about regarding my options. Thanks for all your help.

B.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back