tunnel prices ? (1 Viewer)

artc

Free Member
Dec 13, 2007
Funster No
Does the tunnel have a period when the prices come down?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just gone throughn various dates and times and it appears to be random...

anything from £62 return to £196 return.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Hi.

It normally is based on 2 situations:

1: If you travel off peak, which is between 16:00 - 05:59 Folkstone to Calais or 00:00 - 13:59 Calais to Folkstone you get the cheaper fares.

2: Don't travel on the 'peak dates' which can be found via this page.

Fares, dates and times

I know thats the 'frequent travellers' page, but it gives links to the various dates.

£53 is apprently the lowest fare for normal bookings.

Using the Frequent Traveller is a good option if you go over to Europe a lot. I phoned and enquired the other day, and you are advised to buy the 'FT' package £390, listing your CAR. The £39 is NOT for Motorhomes, they don not clearly state that on their web site, but when I called, they told me, you then are going to have to pay an extra £9 per trip if you take your Motorhome as you are taking up more space. However, by registering your car, it allows you to use your 10 tickets easier, as you may choose to take a quick day trip iver and thus use all 10 trips within the 12 months. The 10 trips are not transferable between people, but are transferable between what vehicle you choose to take.

Hope that helps

Adge

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
What I do is go direct online with Eurotunnel, search for the best price/time and then tel C and CC for a quote, normally I get approx 15% off the online price.

Also I have discovered that due to the way Eurotunnel's booking system works out the price's, the online quote you receive to-day may not be the same to-morrow for exactly the same package. Therefore if you are not tied down to certain crossings then it's worth playing about with days and times to obtain the best price.

We go on a late evening crossing, cheaper and the motorways are quieter and then stop the night at Link Removed free apart from the toll.
Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back