Tunnel partner (2 Viewers)

Aug 15, 2016
Sunderland
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hi, We are looking for a partner for the tunnel ,preferably someone who has done this before as we are new to it, we would take four or six crossings

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Fear not. There's a first time for everyone. Just follow the one in front.
Take your time on holiday. That's the best way to enjoy it.

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi, We are looking for a partner for the tunnel ,preferably someone who has done this before as we are new to it, we would take four or six crossings
Hopefully you have found a partner now.

You do need to trust your partner so ideally someone like @Wagoneer who has not just joined up to the forum. Both account holders will be able to see the other’s address and CC number and will see the crossings booked and will therefore know when away from home.
Both account holders will have the account number and the password and of course trust the other to only book the agreed number of crossings.

It’s a great scheme and it worked really well for me and our partner for the past year and I will be looking again for a partner next year.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Many thanks @Riverbankannie for a most interesting and informative post. Although I've used the tunnel with Tesco vouchers, this is my first time arranging a partner for the frequent traveller scheme.

I take your point that a level of trust is essential between the main account holder and the nominated person.

What I didn't appreciate was the exchange of CC details and booked travel times of the partner. Basically, I only got to the first page of the FT application where email, name, address, telephone numbers and common password were requested for both parties.

Presumably the second FT page requires CC details of both parties?

Before proceeding with any arrangement, I would ensure the other partner pays me for the agreed number of crossings, as the nominated person cannot be changed once the contract is made with eurotunnel.

It's a bit worrying that your partner could overbook and leave you with less crossings, but that wouldn't happen hopefully with trusted Funsters.

As you say, it's a good system providing everyone is honest - and you can trust me, I'm a boring ex Civil Engineer, haha.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just to clarify, the first partner pays for the crossings using their credit card, the second partner doesn't need to pass on their credit card details at all if they don't want to, we didn't even realise it was an option to have both lots of credit card detail on the account until it was mentioned recently and we're in our second 'coupling' with another funster!

Its a good idea to get the payment from the second partner before the account is opened though especially if you don't know them, not because of any 'underhand' reason, but simply that if they have to back out at last minute it means the first partner can join up with someone else.

As for the one partner overbooking, if this happens then they could simply pay back the other party for the crossings they've inadvertently used and the second party could then join up with someone else as there is no limit to how many accounts you can be part of, just that there can only be a maximum of 2 partners per account.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It’s just easier for both parties to have their CC already registered then you can use the automatic booth at the tunnel entrance, insert the pre registered card, choose your train, if early, and get your mirror-hanger printed out.
Without pre registering, I believe you have to go inside the terminal to check in.

You are not disclosing the dates and the security number so assuming that you have got as far as agreeing to be joint account holders, I don’t think there is any extra risk.

You don’t exchange the travel details as such, it’s just that there is one account and you can both log in and use that account and see the bookings already made.

Upvote 0
May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi Ecojoe,

We can can use crossings starting in June if that is OK. We are new to this too but it doesn’t sound difficult. See your original post say 4 or 6 .

Kind Regards

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It’s just easier for both parties to have their CC already registered then you can use the automatic booth at the tunnel entrance, insert the pre registered card, choose your train, if early, and get your mirror-hanger printed out.
Without pre registering, I believe you have to go inside the terminal to check in.
We don't have our CC registered on the FT account (we're the 2nd partner) so just go directly to a manned booth to check in and haven't had a problem doing so - there's no need to go into the terminal even though it does say you have to, however you can't use the auto-log in booths though.

Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
This is something we’ve been considering and would definitely be interested in.

A question though for those in the know. Is there any issue with both parties using the service at the same time? I would think not but just asking.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
This is something we’ve been considering and would definitely be interested in.

A question though for those in the know. Is there any issue with both parties using the service at the same time? I would think not but just asking.
No issue with both being on the same crossing, some families may travel in convoy for example.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ecojoe
Aug 15, 2016
Sunderland
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
We are still looking for a tunnel partner we are traveling in June and ideally like four tickets anyone interested pm me

Upvote 0
Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
what is f t

We don't have our CC registered on the FT account (we're the 2nd partner) so just go directly to a manned booth to check in and haven't had a problem doing so - there's no need to go into the terminal even though it does say you have to, however you can't use the auto-log in booths though.

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo 724 plus
Exp
Hi Ecojoe/Wagoneer/Florecee or anybody else who may still be interested in a FT partner.
We have used the FT system for the last 2 years whilst tugging.
Its an excellent scheme but beware at busy times they only allocate a fixed number of FT spaces, we have on one occasion found spaces available for normal fare paying customers but none for FT.
However we find the advantage of cost and flexibility of changing dates and times far outweigh this.
Just returned from France, our first Motorhome trip out and now looking for FT partner, our current one runs out this month.
After 6 crossings but would accept 4 as its easy to start a another block once they have all been used.
Mike n Kim

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We will be making five crossings from Oct '18 to Oct '19 if anyone wants a buddy?

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo 724 plus
Exp
We would take 4 if that’s OK.When are you thinking of starting this please?

Many thanks
Hi Florencee, we would like to start for the end of this month. How does that fit in with your plans?

Upvote 0
May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi Mike n Kim,

Using dates the end of May 2018 to end of May 2019 four crossings for us would be fine .Please advise what you need us to do.

Thank you

Kind regards

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo 724 plus
Exp
Hi Mike n Kim,

Using dates the end of May 2018 to end of May 2019 four crossings for us would be fine .Please advise what you need us to do.

Thank you

Kind regards
Florencee have sent you a PM (i think it went) Mike

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've always crossed by ferry and never used the tunnel but out of curiosity I looked at motorhome prices. I must say that the variety of fare choices seems unnecessarily complicated.
On the Eurotunnel website the choice of vehicle is Car, Van, Campervan, Minibus, Motorcycle. They don't ask about vehicle height and a motorhome is generally higher than what I consider to be a 'campervan'. Does the height not matter or am I trying to book on the wrong website page?

Vehicle type.JPG

Adding to the confusion the Flexiplus fare (£267) is far more than double the Standard fare (£125).......? o_O

Std vs Flexi Tariff.JPG

Furthermore, the benefits (?) to me of Frequent Traveller Flexiplus (£142 for a car) aren't desirable over the Frequent Traveller Standard service (£46 for a car).....

FT Flexiplus account.JPG

FT Standard account.JPG

and how do I find the FT fare for a m/h as opposed to a car without signing up for the FT a/c?

Think I'll stick to the ferry!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back