Tunnel Frequent Traveller - looking for partner (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Hi

We are after 4 tickets for the tunnel (or maybe 5). Anyone out there after 5 or 6 or more? Looking to use first ticket in early April.

Cheers

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi R & P,
Sorry I haven't got back to you, but I am currently in contact with GWAYGWAY, about sharing ,so hopefully I am sorted.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I would have the six singles 5 would leave you over there, they are single trips and there is an additional £11 supplement to pay for the size of the van over a car so it is £550 for the ten trips altogether. It must be arranged for the second party to be on there within a short period of buying the package. You pay the supplement by card on arrival at the terminal as it is also an ID using the named card.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Roseandpeter
Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks gwaygway. 4 or 5 would suit us as our last and fifth trip would be in feb or march 2019 but not back within time to be able to use a sixth ticket.

So still looking for someone who wants 6. but dont mind if someone wants 5, we will use 5.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I would have the six singles 5 would leave you over there, they are single trips and there is an additional £11 supplement to pay for the size of the van over a car so it is £550 for the ten trips altogether. It must be arranged for the second party to be on there within a short period of buying the package. You pay the supplement by card on arrival at the terminal as it is also an ID using the named card.
Having done this for the third year last week some of that is wrong.
When applying you have to state whether you want a joint account or a single account then complete the details of the second applicant at that stage. If you have the card details of the second person then that allows them to use the card when they reach the terminal as the best means of identification - it is not used for the financial transaction, although you can add this soon after if needs be (if you don't you need to go into the terminal with your passport). You have to buy a minimum of 10 tickets but can buy as many as you like more than this (10 to infinity). You will pay £44 for each ticket you buy, this means you do not pay for a motorhome at this stage. It will cost you a minimum of £440. When either of you book your tickets then you will pay the £11 per ticket uplift for your motorhome (plus any pets) per journey but you could take a car without further cost if your plans changed. You do not pay anything when you arrive at the terminals but just use your card (either the one used in the initial purchase or the one advised for the second account holder) to identify yourself as this is the best way to get through quickly.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Having done this for the third year last week some of that is wrong.
When applying you have to state whether you want a joint account or a single account then complete the details of the second applicant at that stage. If you have the card details of the second person then that allows them to use the card when they reach the terminal as the best means of identification - it is not used for the financial transaction, although you can add this soon after if needs be (if you don't you need to go into the terminal with your passport). You have to buy a minimum of 10 tickets but can buy as many as you like more than this (10 to infinity). You will pay £44 for each ticket you buy, this means you do not pay for a motorhome at this stage. It will cost you a minimum of £440. When either of you book your tickets then you will pay the £11 per ticket uplift for your motorhome (plus any pets) per journey but you could take a car without further cost if your plans changed. You do not pay anything when you arrive at the terminals but just use your card (either the one used in the initial purchase or the one advised for the second account holder) to identify yourself as this is the best way to get through quickly.

Agree with all that, Also if you want to tow a car behind your motorhome you pay a supplement of £11 for the Motorhome and £44 for the tow car.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Whilst we have the discussion going I would be delighted to share if anyone is looking for a share? Really only need 4/10 but if they began later in the year, say end of March April. I would be happy with 6/10.

Anyone interested let me know

Thanks

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Whilst we have the discussion going I would be delighted to share if anyone is looking for a share? Really only need 4/10 but if they began later in the year, say end of March April. I would be happy with 6/10.

Anyone interested let me know

Thanks
I want 4 but from March 9th.

Mickey

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Can anyone advise if there are any restrictions on the tickets direction wise? Could we book one journey from Calais to Folkestone in May then a return trip in September & so on. We will be flying out to Germany then returning with a motorhome :) but can't use Tesco Clubcard vouchers for one journey originating in Calais to cover this so wondered if any similar restrictions for this Eurotunnel scheme?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I don't think
Can anyone advise if there are any restrictions on the tickets direction wise? Could we book one journey from Calais to Folkestone in May then a return trip in September & so on. We will be flying out to Germany then returning with a motorhome :) but can't use Tesco Clubcard vouchers for one journey originating in Calais to cover this so wondered if any similar restrictions for this Eurotunnel scheme?
I don't think it matters which way you go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back