Jan 12, 2016
Amble
Funster No
MH
adria izola
Exp
since 2014
Hi all from a rainy Yorkshire,
Can anone tell me if there a eurotunnel app which can be used for tickets , like some airplane companies have , instead of printing the tickets.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You don't need to print a ticket like the ferry companied they use APR cameras as you drive up to the booth your info comes up on their screen.
If you feel safer with a copy on your phone you will have the booking confirmation email on your phone.

OP
OP
mart
Jan 12, 2016
Amble
Funster No
MH
adria izola
Exp
since 2014
Cheers Lenny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Exactly what Lenny said.
I just make a note of the booking no. on my phone in case the cameras don't recognise the reg no. Never had to resort to it yet. They always know it's me when I arrive. Spooky!

Richard.

OP
OP
mart
Jan 12, 2016
Amble
Funster No
MH
adria izola
Exp
since 2014
Should have asked the forum this question about long time ago and saved a few trees with all the paper is have printed off.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
When we receive the "confirmation of booking" e-mail we take a screen snapshot on our iPad.

Instantly retrievable if needed and no paper printed.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
you also need the payment card you used to book the trip to insert into the machine.

so they say on the rules, but never needed that either :)(y)

might be needed if you chose to take a different time and it needs paying for maybe

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001

might be needed if you chose to take a different time and it needs paying for maybe

Went over and back a week ago, and needed it both ways.

Used not to be the case but then sometimes they wanted you to input your booking reference

Andrew

Deleted User
just to confirm that I have also been asked to insert the debit card I used for booking on the last two occasions, so suggest you have it handy just in case. Rest is number plate recognition as above

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013

As David said, we didn't need the payment card, just needed to put the Ref no in. :)

Deleted User
Should have clarified, on my last two occasions it asked for either the debit card or reference number, inserting the card was easier for me than tapping out numbers, each to their own of course.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi all from a rainy Yorkshire,
Can anone tell me if there a eurotunnel app which can be used for tickets , like some airplane companies have , instead of printing the tickets.
I asked question of both euro tunnel & dfds recently, as I had no way of printing copies off, and both stated that just a note of reference number would do.
With the tunnel the anpr does it all. didn't even put card in or anything else-
you also need the payment card you used to book the trip to insert into the machine.
didn't have to do that this time & haven't been asked in the past, although it is always mentioned.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I asked question of both euro tunnel & dfds recently, as I had no way of printing copies off, and both stated that just a note of reference number would do.

When I travel with Brittany Ferries I scribble the booking reference on a post-it note and they are quite happy with that. I suspect that they might have ANPR at their Plymouth terminal because for my last crossing I was the very last to arrive at the check-in booth and they addressed me by name before I handed them the scrap of paper :rolleyes:

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe its because we have a frequent traveller account but it normally recognises the number plate and asks for the payment card and then proceeds in the last 10 trips never needed the reference code but always the card and it's a scramble for which one personal debit, joint debit, credit card.....

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
As we went through in July and are still in Spain
I can't remember except I have the email on my phone for November when we return as we always use my Googlemail address so that is where is arrives first

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back