Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
It's a very bad time to go through but the time had come as you said. My little Susie went through a lot the last few years of her life. Still in my heart 5 years later, you'll have some wonderful memories of her. RIP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnJan

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
England
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
We feel your pain. Treasure all those lovely doggy memories with Tui

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Very, very sorry to read your sad news.
You did everything you could and it Tui was happy to play on Thursday morning, you did everything right.
It is a time to cry but in time you’ll have many more happy memories than sad and they will make you smile again.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
You blighters! I never cry,well nearly never,but you lot have set me off.??
Sad to hear your news. But what a great life you gave her,and you will remember the good times

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Thank you everyone for your kind words. It is getting better slowly.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
So sad to hear about TUI. Hang onto the good times, you’ve set me off crying too now :cry:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I am so sorry for the loss of Tui but as long as she is in your memory she hasn't finally gone.

My Kerry went almost 30 years ago and I still miss her.

1564855128187.png

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Our last terrier, Bertie, went on to 16 but he went downhill quickly at the end. I initially took him to the vet because he clearly wasn't right. The vet said he was frail but would soldier on a bit longer and we would know when the time came for a second visit. She was right. A few months later I made that second visit and returned home alone.

You seem to have had a similar experience. You know when hope they will get better has to be put aside. :(

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
so sad , but I'm sure you know you did all you could for Tui.. I hope the pain fades to happier memories asap..
Andy

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
so sorry to read your news, I'm sure Tui loved every minute of every day with you ❤

RIP

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
my heartfelt sympathy for you, it tears us apart when these times come but Tui would have loved you al the more for letting her go. Give that extra bit of love to Dolly, she will be missing her friend too.
Remember Tui with a smile for all the wonderful times you shared together.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I know it will get easier with time and I know we did the right thing. The place is so empty even with Dolly here, we moved here with Tui and we are having to get used to her not being around. We took Dolly to the park this morning and it is starting to get better.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure you will have lots of lovely memories of her to treasure.

Nov 29, 2018
Formby
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
So sorry to her your sad news, Tui may not be with
You now but she will always be with you in your hearts
We lost our little dog dizzy rascal back in late January this year, the circumstances were similar Dizzy had suffered from pancreatitis three years prior to his passing, he really fought hard to stay with us three years ago as the vets did not think that he would last the night and yet we took him home with a tube sticking out of his neck that we diligently fed him through and nursed him to a full recovery the fact that he was then a diabetic and we had to give him injections twice a day felt like a bonus , We got three more years with dizzy and every day was a pleasure till one night he must have known his worst nightmare had returned when we let him out the back door he went into the garden and lay underneath a shrub and it was as if he knew he wanted to die when we took him to the vets they said the pancreatitis had returned and he would suffer greatly if things were prolonged, we all agreed at this we could not allow so my son /daughter my wife and I all made an agreement to go and see dizzy for one last time while he was put to sleep trusting us explicitly right to the very end,
Now this seems like a very dark story but as life brings a silver lining in the form of a new chapter in our lives I little boy called Ralf has come to live with us now he is not Dizzy and we are not expecting him to be,
We could not bring ourselves to think about another dog for at least three months until we managed to find a lovely lady who was very selective about who would be allowed to take one of her beautiful little puppies and we were lucky enough to be one of them
Dizzy was nine when he past away
871CB0DC-C89B-46B9-8335-23E958D0E9FC.jpeg

Ralf is 13 weeks

60A5641F-F8E6-4B60-84BD-AAF60A34C06F.jpeg

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
So sorry to her your sad news, Tui may not be with
You now but she will always be with you in your hearts
We lost our little dog dizzy rascal back in late January this year, the circumstances were similar Dizzy had suffered from pancreatitis three years prior to his passing, he really fought hard to stay with us three years ago as the vets did not think that he would last the night and yet we took him home with a tube sticking out of his neck that we diligently fed him through and nursed him to a full recovery the fact that he was then a diabetic and we had to give him injections twice a day felt like a bonus , We got three more years with dizzy and every day was a pleasure till one night he must have known his worst nightmare had returned when we let him out the back door he went into the garden and lay underneath a shrub and it was as if he knew he wanted to die when we took him to the vets they said the pancreatitis had returned and he would suffer greatly if things were prolonged, we all agreed at this we could not allow so my son /daughter my wife and I all made an agreement to go and see dizzy for one last time while he was put to sleep trusting us explicitly right to the very end,
Now this seems like a very dark story but as life brings a silver lining in the form of a new chapter in our lives I little boy called Ralf has come to live with us now he is not Dizzy and we are not expecting him to be,
We could not bring ourselves to think about another dog for at least three months until we managed to find a lovely lady who was very selective about who would be allowed to take one of her beautiful little puppies and we were lucky enough to be one of them
Dizzy was nine when he past away
View attachment 322941

Ralf is 13 weeks

View attachment 322942
We have our other dog, Dolly and she is a great help.

Nov 29, 2018
Formby
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
We have our other dog, Dolly and she is a great help.
I am glad to hear Dolly is a lovely dog too , even though they are simple creatures they teachers us so much about life that we seem to overlook, they greet us with joy every time they see us, every day is an adventure to them And the love and loyalty they give Is unconditional

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Sorry to hear Tui has gone John, nobody could of loved her more than you

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
So sorry for you, struggled with reading that. ?

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
The Ex-Gasman Hi, we-ve never met but I just wanted to tell you this afternoon I was preparing a big pot of ratatouille which I subsequently had some of for my supper.
While I was preparing it and later as I ate it I kept visualising your little dog as she was in the last photo you posted of her.
I never knew her either, call me crazy if you like but I felt she wanted you to know that she is happy and well.
I've never sent this sort of message before but it was a very strong feeling - I hope you don't mind my intrusion. Val.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
The Ex-Gasman Hi, we-ve never met but I just wanted to tell you this afternoon I was preparing a big pot of ratatouille which I subsequently had some of for my supper.
While I was preparing it and later as I ate it I kept visualising your little dog as she was in the last photo you posted of her.
I never knew her either, call me crazy if you like but I felt she wanted you to know that she is happy and well.
I've never sent this sort of message before but it was a very strong feeling - I hope you don't mind my intrusion. Val.
I read your post and had tears in my eyes again. Tui was such a special dog and we miss her so much. We know we did the best for her and she is at peace now, but it still hurts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back