E
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Final report - we returned to the van last night to find it a smoking wreck. They'd called in an air strike by the Caravan Club.

Sorry, vivid imagination issues. They'd parked in front of their van, partly on the road, but without causing any access issues. Still unable to locate any staff member to get a definitive ruling, but in my opinion if I'm given a campsite picnic table on my pitch, it's up to me where I locate it 😈

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We are just about to leave a haven site in filey , plenty room on here but when you book you have to say if you want an awning pitch, so presumably if you say no , you get a smaller pitch and someone else can use the spare.
In any case it's no worry to me as long as we have a couple of foot to get out of the door, that's fine with me.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Actually around this site , having just looked it goes , caravan, awning, car in that order.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I always remember on a site in Wigan going for a walk and coming back to a car parked right across the nose of our motorhome - we werent planning to drive out that day but how rude!
Turns out it was a visitor who had “reconized “ his mate motorhome after arranging a visit and had parked in front and as his mate wasnt in had gone to the cafe for breakfast while waiting.
His red face and embarrasment was equal to my outrage, especially as his friend came across during his return and stammered explanation.

OP
OP
E
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
JJ, do you recall the Young Ones? The "it's only a sausage" episode in particular! Anyway, as an epilogue, I finally found a staff member, who agreed that our neighbours were in the wrong, and that he'd have a wee word with them. Trust me, this has not raised my blood pressure one jot, but it has given me a good deal of enjoyment...

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
I nearly always put my foot down with these people, sometimes as a matter of principle and sometimes for fun - after weighing up the opposition (no point in having the words on your gravestone “ but I was in the right”.
A couple of years ago on the aire at Gruissan a French van pulled in between us and Clarky (Richard and Kate are on their pitch right now). This guy parked the opposite way to us such that our doors faced each other. We had a mat out as the ground tends to be stoned and dusty. He put his table and chairs out right up to our mat - all okay at this point. They then went out on their scooter, going out on the far side of his van. Some time later I sat in our habitation door with my legs outstretched and he returned and drove right alongside our van, over our mat and wanted me to move my legs for him to pass! I wouldn’t let him through and made him go the other way. That night he sat in his van with the tv at full volume with the door open. Next day he moved away from us and left the aire a few days later. When we were returning home a couple of weeks later we parked up on an aire about 450km away from Gruissan, went over the road to the supermarket and when we returned this same guy had parked next to us! What was the chances of that. My wife went over to his wife and greeted her as if a long lost friend! The lady recognised us and gesticulated that her husband was a bit loony.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I nearly always put my foot down with these people, sometimes as a matter of principle and sometimes for fun - after weighing up the opposition (no point in having the words on your gravestone “ but I was in the right”.
A couple of years ago on the aire at Gruissan a French van pulled in between us and Clarky (Richard and Kate are on their pitch right now). This guy parked the opposite way to us such that our doors faced each other. We had a mat out as the ground tends to be stoned and dusty. He put his table and chairs out right up to our mat - all okay at this point. They then went out on their scooter, going out on the far side of his van. Some time later I sat in our habitation door with my legs outstretched and he returned and drove right alongside our van, over our mat and wanted me to move my legs for him to pass! I wouldn’t let him through and made him go the other way. That night he sat in his van with the tv at full volume with the door open. Next day he moved away from us and left the aire a few days later. When we were returning home a couple of weeks later we parked up on an aire about 450km away from Gruissan, went over the road to the supermarket and when we returned this same guy had parked next to us! What was the chances of that. My wife went over to his wife and greeted her as if a long lost friend! The lady recognised us and gesticulated that her husband was a bit loony.
Ha,ha! I remember it well.
David dalspa , being an engineer, always wants to make sure that things are exact, including his space on an aire.
Here he is measuring to make sure the evil Clarky hasn't encroaed onto his space. Gruissan 2018. :rofl: :rofl:

204ACFC2-F8BC-4595-9995-9BE318965FA4.jpeg

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
I’m embarrassed now Richard. Not about the measuring up bit but that you have now shown everybody that I wear lime green Crocs.:giggler: I demand the copyright of said photo, and any others that you may have in your arsenal of incriminating items. David.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I’m embarrassed now Richard. Not about the measuring up bit but that you have now shown everybody that I wear lime green Crocs.:giggler: I demand the copyright of said photo, and any others that you may have in your arsenal of incriminating items. David.
Prices are always negotiable. :rofl: :rofl:

Nov 14, 2020
S.Yorks
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP
Exp
20 yr
I had a giggle when I saw 'Tugging' used in this context . . . .

It makes me wonder whether you are familiar with the meaning of "giving it a tug" ?

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Afraid I've gone to DefCon 5. They've gone out, so have dragged our campsite picnic table to the front of our lawn (as I like to think of it) and placed it in the middle, so no space either side for a car.

This is all a shame, as it's a lovely site (Tantallon, North Berwick). They are very short staffed - recrption never manned and the mobile number left appears to be switched off. So anarchy reigns...

We're leaving tomorrow anyway, which they are aware of. Trying very hard not to let this become an obsession!
think its too late the obsession is clear :ROFLMAO: letting their tyres down before you leave may make you feel better :whistle2:

The first holiday to Malta with my 3 year old daughter and mother tagged along too, I had paid full price for her to ensure that she had a seat on the flight, never forget it was just short of £450, no cheap deals at that time.

Well mother who did not fly well, spent the trip in the loo a funny colour green (mother not the loo) as always I had done a 12 hour working day got home threw everything on the car and left for the airport . Boarded the flight and as we were both tired laid across the 3 paid for seats and tried to have a little sleep the the little one cradled in my arms also sleeping.

The woman with 2 kids opposite sat on laps wriggling fidgeting and generally uncomfortable, kept moaning loudly that why should I have 3 seats and she only have 2 and there were 4 in her family, eventually I lifted my head looked at her in the eye and informed her that if she would like to give me the £450 that I had paid for the seat she was welcome to it.

The look on her face was classic, and the older lady behind me leaned forward and just 'good for you' her and her children are getting on my nerves also. to much amusement of other nearby travellers.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
A few years ago someone on here posted that as he left he emptied his cassette in the awning of the party that had upset him. :oops:

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I had a giggle when I saw 'Tugging' used in this context . . . .

It makes me wonder whether you are familiar with the meaning of "giving it a tug" ?
I was called it years ago on another forum, I though he was calling me a w@*ker 🤣. I though flippin heck they don't hold back on this forum 😳😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back