Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
We're off to take part in the largest Tudor recreation in the UK.Involving up to 600 people over three weeks it promises to be quite an experience.If you are nearby why not take a look.If you're interested in visiting Kentwell Hall, Clockhouse Farm at Glemsford is recommended as a nice site within a healthy walking distance.:thumb:

Attachments

• 1556 poster.jpg
    1556 poster.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
So jealous! We'd love to take part, but there's always been something preventing us (this year it's attending motorhome shows!).

If anyone can get along, I'd heartily recommend it - it's truly an amazing experience.

Steve

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
Looks interesting.
Must be good as you are travelling quite some distance to attend.
Are you part of the "actors"?
I live around 10 miles away and will definitely visit some time during the three weeks.
Glemsford is a nice village, with a few good pubs!

Sandy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Hi Sandy,
I am originally from Groton so am 'playing' John Clopton of Groton 1502-1559 a gentleman and Steward in the household.It's our first time so will just have to see how we get on but everyone has been very helpful and friendly.:thumb:

J H

Funster
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Just enjoy it

I've done lots of historial re-enacting over the last 30 years - not everything went smoothly but we managed not to let the 'punters' know when everything went [STRIKE]tit's up[/STRIKE] not quite according to plan.::bigsmile:

I was usually in the kitchens - hard work but ejoyable - and there were the cooks perks.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back