TT. (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Been watching the TT and have come to a conclusion that the riders are complete nutters.
Se one bloke, Hutchinson I think it was must have been doing well over a ton had a tank slapper legs going all over the place he recovered and I don't know how then just got his head back down and throttle back on the stop.

When they come over the bumps they take off get into a wobble but still on full throttle.
I would like to see some of the top Moto GP riders try this just to see how they would fair.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I would like to see some of the top Moto GP riders try this just to see how they would fair.

Not that long ago the TT was the British round of the then MotoGP calender.

Yes it is mental, but no-one forces them to do it and far more people die of smoking anyway,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coastal Cruiser.
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Last year I went to a local bike meet with a mate on our bikes and got talking to a chap my mate knows, he is a few years older than me (54) and he rides as a sidecar passenger at the TT.
Don't know how he has the energy!

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
That used to be me once!

Sample_22.jpeg

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Im surrounded by a bunch of nutters (classed as anyone who steps onto an outfit) two wheels for me thanks :D

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Makes me laugh how they never think of shutting the throttle.. balls of steel

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
I love motorcycling and motorcycle racing but the IOM TT is getting way too dangerous.

Three deaths - three families destroyed.

John McGuinness, was unable to participate due to breaking his femur, along with some ribs and vertebrae, during a 2017 North West 200 qualifying crash in May (equally dangerous Irish Road Race).

Guy Martin cheating death in a 140mph crash when his Honda inconveniently selected a false neutral damaging his wrist and taking no further part in the TT races (much to his relief on his troublesome Honda) - the look on his face when interviewed said it all.

Hutchinson breaking his femur in another spectacular crash in the Senior TT.

Phenominal riders but with modern machinery too dangerous.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Yes it is very dangerous but its a stand alone event now a days, no one has to do it, I've lost friends & fellow racer's there I've also lost some on circuits & lots to cancer, my own brother 15 year old fell from his bicycle & died (no other vehicle involved). Lots of racers if they had to chose giving up circuits or the TT they'd give up circuits, a few years back they changed the reg's so you couldn't just do the TT, you have to do a certain amount of circuit racing a year just to get your mountain licence, that was to stop race rusty competitors only doing the TT. Horse Riding now there's a thing.
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/tag/rider-fatality

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Guy Martin cheating death in a 140mph crash when his Honda inconveniently selected a false neutral damaging his wrist and taking no further part in the TT races (much to his relief on his troublesome Honda) - the look on his face when interviewed said it all
I think he did the electric bike's at the end of the meeting he came second

http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.u...-win-goes-on/story-30381159-detail/story.html
Not the same I know still take's some doing.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Just been brought home to me, an hour ago I found out a chap we raced hard with in the 90s died this afternoon from Cancer, something's going to get you.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
And I'll bet his fondest memories would be the times he almost killed himself racing and trying to get past you.
Life on the edge is the finest time, that's why we all did it.:cheers:

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
I've been four times, seen a couple of mishaps, but thankfully nothing serious. The IOM and the TT have done a lot to make it safer in recent years, three competitors in one fortnight is double the average.

From our visits we see the public who ride the circuit are a bigger problem in terms of RTCs, I would think using unmarked police motorcycles, making the mountain section one-way and the cracking down on speeding in the villages must have had a positive result. If you are caught breaking the traffic laws you will be up before the beak and they are far more likely to give a jail sentence or significant fine than in GB.

I have enjoyed all of our trips and any person who enjoys road racing should make the effort.

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Just back from spannering for one of the quicker sidecar teams, my avatar is me at my last TT (2007)on the bike I bought from John Holden, have done 4 TT's both as passenger and driver. Miss it like hell but my knees are kaput now (and my bank account)

OP
OP
Coastal Cruiser.
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Also Rossi went and remarked no way would he want to do that which I was pleased with I for one would not like to lose him to the TT he's a Legend and don't need to do it
:party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2:

just out of curiosity what do the locals think about the upheaval during the TT then the Classic?
Could just see anyone over here trying to organise an event like this, there would be hell from the niby's..

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Most of the residents are so used to it they totally accept it and many leave for the mainland for a couple of weeks.
As a Marshall we are often given,tea,coffee and biscuits by the folk where we are working,very kind and friendly,on one of our regular point we had a whip round for the guy who brings the tea about three times a day and got him a bottle of malt whisky.
Sometimes we are 10 hours a day standing outside their home.
Often residents allow spectators to use their gardens to watch,also with home stay being popular now they can make a few bob welcoming paying guests into their homes.
A winner all round and people wouldn't go back if it wasn't the most fun you can have with your trousers on :dance2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back