Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Love it, balls to the wall all the way. Well done.

Tell us about your machine. What power unit are you using, whats it put out and how the f**k does it last that long at full chat? What's the fuel consumption? What speed you hitting on the straights? All up weight?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Awesome just love the sound of the engine.
Been a while but we always used to head to Governors bridge to watch the sidecars go through still don't know how you could overtake there.
Really well done to you guys ?

OP
OP
The Flute

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
Love it, balls to the wall all the way. Well done.

Tell us about your machine. What power unit are you using, whats it put out and how the f**k does it last that long at full chat? What's the fuel consumption? What speed you hitting on the straights? All up weight?
We Run fully tuned Honda 600 engines makes about 130bhp. Outfit weighs around 244 kilos and then we add Rider passenger plus 41litres of full. We get about 13mpg and top speed on the Sulby Straight is about 143mph but we do about 155mph down hill to Crosby.

OP
OP
The Flute

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
Awesome just love the sound of the engine.
Been a while but we always used to head to Governors bridge to watch the sidecars go through still don't know how you could overtake there.
Really well done to you guys ?
A lot of the overtaking is down to passenger. I'll be looking behind at certain places. If I see someone catching us I will squeeze the driver's left leg to let him know. He will then make a descion to move over somewhere

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We Run fully tuned Honda 600 engines makes about 130bhp. Outfit weighs around 244 kilos and then we add Rider passenger plus 41litres of full. We get about 13mpg and top speed on the Sulby Straight is about 143mph but we do about 155mph down hill to Crosby.

And seems to be absolutely flat out for at least 90% of the time. Magnificent engineering.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
You were lucky to miss that pheasant :)

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
130 BHP, that's pushing her to the limits, especially with that kind of mass, what kind of box do you use?. How long does the drive train last? Do you tune them yourself or do you have a wizard in a shed somewhere? Why honda? What do you do to it?

244kg! Oh Please!, that's lighter, by nearly 20kg, than the Wife's Bonny! I've had a close look at outfits at knockhill and have to admit, somewhat perversely, that I'd love a bash at passenger! Horses for courses they say. Having seen the seat in one, or lack of it, SWMBO commented that you must literally have balls of steel to ride one for that length of time! The old 'haw-maws' must take a right good pounding, and not in a good way!

OP
OP
The Flute

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
130 BHP, that's pushing her to the limits, especially with that kind of mass, what kind of box do you use?. How long does the drive train last? Do you tune them yourself or do you have a wizard in a shed somewhere? Why honda? What do you do to it?

244kg! Oh Please!, that's lighter, by nearly 20kg, than the Wife's Bonny! I've had a close look at outfits at knockhill and have to admit, somewhat perversely, that I'd love a bash at passenger! Horses for courses they say. Having seen the seat in one, or lack of it, SWMBO commented that you must literally have balls of steel to ride one for that length of time! The old 'haw-maws' must take a right good pounding, and not in a good way!
Which outfits did you see at Knockhill?? Was it the BSB round? If it was they are completely different outfits for TT.
Gary the driver builds our Engines. We could get more power but try and keep it reliable. Hondas love to rev hence why we use them ?. We use Light weight crank Carrillo rods Pistal piston. Ported and flowed head. Kit generator and electric water pump. We use a standard box But may be going for a 7 speed one this year. We will fit new chain at start of the week and won't change it again.
To be honest TT is more physical for a driver than passenger. It more about knowing where you are and where you can rest more mental concentration. 20 laps at Cadwell is harder for me physically

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Nothing but respect to that.. and it reminded me I have some footage that I am due too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back