Trying to get there (1 Viewer)

Davedee1964

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Funster No
Hi All

I have been wanting to buy a motorhome for the last 15 years but could not afford to buy one due to life , kids ,home , cars and of course my wife having 6 strokes at the grand old age of 40 .
We are now in our early 50s and would like to do some travelling in a motorhome and get some quality of life back .
Does anyone know where i can look for a motorhome that will allow me to trade in my car BMW 630i sports coupe 2005 .
The only reason i ask is we are only on minimum wage and we need to make part payment with the car if that makes sense and my budget is around 10k/12k.
We would be grateful if someone could point us in the right direction because after 15 years i am still trying to get there.
Thank you for your time.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi

I dont know where you are from and not sure it would help anyway but I imagine most places that have a motorhome for sale would take the car px as they will just trade it on with one of their contacts if they don't sell cars direct.

Make sure that you have a good look at the van and check it for the dreaded damp.

Best of luck.

Martin

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
:hiya2:

Welcome, and read Jim's guide on buying, free if you subscribe well worth it , we'll be looking next year for one

Enjoy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Doing a trade will get you peanuts for your car , as its not something they want in current market , so you would be far better off by selling on Gumtree etc , and then going in with the cash to put down . This will also give you a far greater range of vehicles to look at , which will hopefully see you end up with a better buy .

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hi Dave and welcome to the Fun :hiya:

I know that Chelston Motorhomes near Taunton will take cars in PX - in fact they'd taken jetskis and a tractor when I was buying from them - so I expect most larger dealers would do the same (though it may not be the best value you could get for your car, but would make your exchange simpler).

As Duffs says, Jim's guide alone would be worth the annual subscription fee to MotorhomeFun of just £15 (the best investment you'll ever make!) and subscribing will also give you access to so much more on this forum than being a 'guest' member
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/portal/subs/

I hope your wife in so in good health.
Good luck with your search (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know where you are but Don amott near Burton takes cars.

OP
OP
D

Davedee1964

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Funster No
wow i did not expect such a warm welcome and packed full of information thank you all so much for your replies .
my wife (she's fine now thank you) and i have decided to take your advice not to trade the car unless we have to . its still going to be 12 months plus before we achieve our goal...so looking forward to chatting to you all over that time and hopefully gain some of your experience before we make our first trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back