Trying to buy a Dover/Calais season ticket (1 Viewer)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I spotted season tickets available for 3 trips each way at a much better price than the 200 quid return that seemed to be on offer. P&O had an offer and so did DFDS. So, I called DFDS and found that I was third in the queue. Not a problem thinks me, within 12 minutes I moved to number 2 in the queue. A mere 8 minutes later and I was number one. By minute 34 I was on top and put through. Almost immediately I was met with a message from 3 telling me that this call could not be continued.

Needless to say, my first guess was that my credit had expired. I like to be 30 quid to the good on PAYG phone but it had been a while since my last top up.

So, more than half an hour burning through my credit to be dumped for a lack of funds. My fault, guilty.

I was so ticked off I thought ... sod it, I will try P&O. The phone was answered immediately, this is looking good, thinks me. Not so, the recorded message on the number you must call for a season ticket does not answer phone calls anymore because of Covid 19. You are redirected to the website which tells you to call the number. So, following every possible option I sent an email to the correct address mentioning that I wanted a season ticket. They promise to get back to me within 3 days. We are at 2.5 days at the moment. Will this tale have happy ending? Don't hold your breath.

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Have you tried Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller but you have to buy a minimum 10 crossings (5 returns) £480 for a car, valid for 12 months. Works out at £96 return for a car or you pay an extra £24 return for motorhome. Time restrictions but very flexible to change dates etc

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Have you tried Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller but you have to buy a minimum 10 crossings (5 returns) £480 for a car, valid for 12 months. Works out at £96 return for a car or you pay an extra £24 return for motorhome. Time restrictions but very flexible to change dates etc
Yes, interesting but 5 returns is just too many.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Just need to ask on here if someone wants to share & they use so many crossings so you don't have to use them all yourself, you usually agree with the other party how many they want to use & how many you want to keep. Can only share with one other person & you have to nominate them through Eurotunnel, but it's quite straightforward.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
We would be interested in sharing however I do not think they are doing them at the moment due to the V situation

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
MichaelT We may well be interested in sharing. Send a PM if interested.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Just had a look at P&O's restrictions for 'high season'. Not too many 'low season' days available for travel. :rolleyes:

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Contact P&O through the online chat function on their website and they will come back to you. Also remember that the block of 6 tickets is non transferable, I think the 8 or 10 ticket function is fully transferable. Their season tickets are based on using a car, you have to pay an upgrade to use your motorhome but it is still excellent value, and if you have to go on a premium day then its only a £30 uplift I think. But then you get a fully flexi ticket

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
FT. Yes you have buy a minimum of ten crossings (5 returns) which can share with one other named person. The deal lasts for twelve months from the day you pay. FT is now back on sale.

colyboy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back