"Try again" Disable charging from generator and electroblock on consumption due to lipo upgrade in housing unit (1 Viewer)

Fjatt ducato

Free Member
Mar 18, 2021
Norway
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swing
Exp
I'm almost a newbie inn mobil car
Hi I have a motorhome with ebl 104-3 elektoblock in which I do not now get charging from, neither on 230v or generator. Have tried to look up cable diagram without success on this elb. I have bought a lipo 100a battery for the living area and a 12v b2b charger to be installed as well as a solar cell system. What I'm worried about is that I suddenly get the wrong charging current on the lipo battery. What can I do to remove the charge from the ebl elektoblock and generator for battery consumption? I have an ebl 220-2 that I am considering inserting as it looked like I could stop charging the consumer battery on it? Hope I get an answer to some of this :) Regards confused hobby electrician :)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome to the forum. Cannot help with your questions but didn't want to leave you hanging!

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years

You should be able to download the manual from here. From memory you request the manual and they email you a link to download it. Usually back page will be a schematic showing all connections .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
:welc:
And thanks for asking again ;) (orig post)
I hope someone has the answer soon.
The manual above may help :think:

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
When I downloaded the document for the EBL104-3, it was only a small 4-page manual, with no circuit diagrams. However the document for EBL104-2 has circuit diagrams. It's worth a look, to see if it is like the 104-3. It's an old system, and as you say it's not easy to stop the mains and alternator charging.

Disconnecting the mains input plug will stop the mains charger. The split charge relay (Trennrelais) is more difficult to isolate, because the internal wiring also goes to the fridge relay (Kuhlschrank relais) which you won't want to cut off.

The EBL220-2 is a more modern box, with many more control possibilities including awning, fold-up bed, tank heater and solar. You can ignore these extras if you want. One good feature is the possibility to add one or two auxilliary chargers, and you can feed your mains Lithium charger into one of these sockets.

There are two separate connections to the starter battery. The first is a 60A input at the back of the EBL, which is switched through the split charge relay to the leisure battery. This is perfect for connecting the output of a B2B with lithium profile. It will connect and function as required, and the inbuilt shunt will measure the amps into and out of the lithium battery.

There is a second 20A input from the starter battery. This is switched by a separate relay, and powers the fridge 12V heater element. You would need to add in this extra wire, the EBL140-3 doesn't have it.

There's a lot of work involved, but if you like a challenge the information is available. I think the EBL220 needs a separate display panel, maybe a DT201 I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back