Trusteer Rapport and browsers (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
For several years I have had Rapport due to many banks directing you to its use. Fast forward, to earlier this year when a WIN 10 update was issued, 1703 I think; suddenly my EDGE browser would launch and then shut down after 20 seconds or so. Research on Google delivered the same answers about deleting the edge files (its built into win 10 and not an app) and rebooting, well tried that multiple times to no avail. Other solutions were to create new profiles and frankly that was too much. So I had only just started using Edge and went back to trusty Firefox, proposing to sit it out until MS fixed it.
Months went by with no solution so I googled again and found someone had linked the problem to Rapport. Try disabling it which I did and Edge came back. Re-enabled Rapport and down went Edge. So on the advice I completely uninstalled Rapport and re-installed it. Edge still works, so solved... on that front. Went back to Firefox which was working fine before the reinstall of Rapport and it was taking 20-30 seconds to open the Fun page, it has Rapport as an extension so I disabled it in Firefox and pow Firefox back working at normal speed.
So if you have this combination of issues this is the answer, I await a total solution for Firefox.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've had problems with Rapport, I use Firefox. I uninstalled it reinstalled it Firefox back to normal but every time I go onto a bank site it wants me to install it. The icon doesn't come up on the browser address bar like it used to but according to my PC it's installed.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I've had problems with Rapport, I use Firefox. I uninstalled it reinstalled it Firefox back to normal but every time I go onto a bank site it wants me to install it. The icon doesn't come up on the browser address bar like it used to but according to my PC it's installed.
In Firefox, go to settings-addons you will see IBM Trusteer, its needs to be enabled in Firefox

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back