trumatic S3002 keeps going out on higher settings. (1 Viewer)

Paul and Jeannette

Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
lincoln, lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
20 years on and off
Hi all,
Just had weekend away at the newark show, great entertainment again, but discovered that the Trumatic S3002 in our 2006van would stay alight at the 1 0r 2 heat setting but go out at any higher.
Any ideas if it is a simple fix or the fire needs stripping down by a proffessional.
Thanks in advance for any help.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its probably the thermocouple

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
We had the same problem on our old one,cured by fitting an external sensor from e bay £16 but quite a job to fit as the control box is behind the fire

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What gas were you using ... propane or butane?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi all,
Just had weekend away at the newark show, great entertainment again, but discovered that the Trumatic S3002 in our 2006van would stay alight at the 1 0r 2 heat setting but go out at any higher.
Any ideas if it is a simple fix or the fire needs stripping down by a proffessional.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Does it go out instantly on selecting the higher setting??
It sounds like a gas flow issue taking the flame out at a higher setting....as it works on the lower settings..
Might be worth a Google of that specific issue ...
Andy.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Paul and Jeannette

Paul and Jeannette

Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
lincoln, lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
20 years on and off
sorry for the delay,
it stay lit for a few minutes when put up to a higher setting than 2. sometimes as long as 5 mminutes, when we first put it on it was fine but the following day it started cutting out.

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
This could be a regulator problem
We had this problem last Easter with a 2015 van everything ok before
Autogas refillable fitted Jan 2016 first outing was Chester food fest
Easter 2016 went to Chester fridge ok but no heating stove worked on 2 burners but when 3 was lit you could see the flame drop.
Too cold with no heating arrived Fri teatime went home Sat teatime managed to get new reg on warranty via dealer and also fitted a Truma gas filter in-between bottles and reg everything ok now a year on and no more problems I put it down to the free fill of gas from Autogas as was using pump lpg from buying van new in 2015 that was the first problem I had with using lpg over 10 years.
Cliff

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
@Paul and Jeannette
Did Autogas fill your bottles ?. They filled ours for free because I got Christmas offer price and this was a extra funsters discount.
I still think that is were our trouble started.
When I disconnected the fill pipe to get to regulator etc it came out a bit grungy and thick but when asked about it I got nowhere with Autogas.
But whilst on holiday in France one of the filling adapters leaked out when under filling pressure they have swapped it for a new one when I called round a couple of weeks ago.
It had to be adapter as I filled up with bobs earlier on in holiday then used his again when mine leaked all ok.
Cliff

OP
OP
Paul and Jeannette

Paul and Jeannette

Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
lincoln, lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
20 years on and off
thanks cliff,
Makes sense what you say, however just been trying it on the driveway and, hey presto it works fine. It could be like your car that makes a certain noise until it senses a mechanic nearby.
will try it again tomorrow and hopefully all will be well. It was also windy at the weekend but I would have thought this should not effect it but you never know. Watch this space.
Daylight running lights fitted today and had it remapped, took it for a spin with the person that remapped it. Everything seems fine but time and distance will tell. off to Sweden in June so that will test it.
I refuse to spend anymore money till the year 2027 after spending a lot on solar panel, refillables gas, invertor, daylight running lights, tow bar, rear belts, cab steps, hard wiring dash cam and sat nav.
Must remember not to look around the stalls at the shows and get tempted to spend, I will probably wear a blindfold.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
using LPG, Just had refillables fitted the other week by autogas 2000.
I wonder if the mix they have is more butane than propane which could cause it to not 'gas off' so much in colder weather hence a reduced flow.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Is your vehicle an Autotrail by any chance? If so it probably needs a flue extender to make it higher than tbe raised sides of roof.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Is your vehicle an Autotrail by any chance? If so it probably needs a flue extender to make it higher than tbe raised sides of roof.
Don't you dare try to sell him the wrong one that you bought in error ... :D

(it was you wasn't it ... :rolleyes: )

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Don't you dare try to sell him the wrong one that you bought in error ... :D

(it was you wasn't it ... :rolleyes: )
Nothing gets past you ..does it lol:LOL:
No I returned my wrong one and purchased the correct one you guided me to(y)...and it works a treat:)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Nothing gets past you ..does it lol:LOL:
No I returned my wrong one and purchased the correct one you guided me to(y)...and it works a treat:)
I used to be called 'Melly the elephant' when I was young ... due to my good memory I hasten to add!!!! :D2

Gawd knows what I'd be called now as my memory is terrible! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Paul and Jeannette

Paul and Jeannette

Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
lincoln, lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
20 years on and off
again thanks for all the replies reference the heater. seems fine now. However need to have gear box refurbished as gear change very stiff and gear lever not returning as it should. had new linkage fitted no change. Going to have the clutch refurbished at the same time, cost £1300.
I hope this van is not jinxed. Work being done beginning of April. fingers crossed spending over.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Once you get all your problems sorted and get into Sweden you will know it was all worth it!!!!!
The great news is that the further north you go the longer the daylight hours, so solar will work, maybe, 24/7.
You will find lpg is quite scarce, so fill up when you can----------- we used to nip accross into Norway as it is plentyfull there and VERY cheap, there are several convenient routes between the two countries.
If you go into Finland be aware that LPG in not available anywhere as far as I know.

OP
OP
Paul and Jeannette

Paul and Jeannette

Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
lincoln, lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
20 years on and off
thanks for that. Our son lives in Sweden and we have two grandchildren there so we have been before. However not whilst retired so we will have more time.
Not this year, but perhaps next we would love to go to Norway and Finland finishing off through Poland as it all seems great places to visit.
The plus with the van is that the fault showed up before we left on our main trip so I am sure all will be well.
Our next door neighbour is from Norway so we hope to get pointers from her.
As we all say there are a lot of places to visit in Europe and the Motorhome is a great way to do it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back