Trumatic C Heater (2 Viewers)

yamyam

Free Member
Apr 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
Hi, good morning members. I have a problem with our heating system, the Trumatic C system fitted to our Burstner T 625, 2006. Hot water selection works immediately, both on 40deg and. 60deg. However, on heating only and heating plus water( lower section on dial) it starts up, ignites and fan cuts in. Operates for a few minutes and warm air comes through, then unit starts clicking quite loudly for a short period the red light comes on and system stops. Reset and start again, same happens. First thought is thermostat, but no idea where to look if so. Might just add, was working fine until about a month ago, then stored in barn.
Hope someone can please help in exchange for a free pitch in our garden in France!

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
It may be due to not enough gas getting through. How old is the gas regulator?

if you turn on the gas hob, and light, then start the boiler, does the flames on the hob reduce?

Upvote 1
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Disconnect the thermostat from the boiler, 2 wires I think. What model boiler is it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
There are two fans on the unit I think, one provides combustion air (common to heating and water) the other circulates the warm air and I've heard of these fans being problematic, due to their bearings drying out over time ?
Not sure what the access is like in your van, but if you can get at it, a little drop of light oil (3 in1 or similar) onto the fan bearings could be worth a try ?

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We had a similar problem on our old Exsis i and it was the fans that caused the problem in the end boiler had to be taken out and fans replaced🤔

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Y

yamyam

Free Member
Apr 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
It may be due to not enough gas getting through. How old is the gas regulator?

if you turn on the gas hob, and light, then start the boiler, does the flames on the hob reduce?
I’ll try that, but to add, I changed the regulator a little while ago and I think it’s slightly lower pressure rate, 28 I think compared to the original which was 30. But the hot water and hob are fine.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
My thoughts are that if it was the room stat it would work or not. So it would either be fully on, too hot, or not work at all. The fact you have a red light come on indicates that you have a problem.

Can you hear feel the heating circulation fan kick in?

The fact that it is clicking, I’m assuming it is trying to ignite the gas, which indicates lack of gas. Do you think the clicking is the boiler trying to ignite?

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I have warm air heating in our house, and if the fan goes down the heating will cut out to protect the furnace.
As Andy said, are you able to hear, or even better see the air circulation fan fire up?
If you can access the boiler unit, with it turned OFF, check the fan for smooth operation, give it a gentle spin with a pencil or similar. If it's stiff, the electric motor willnot be able to overcome that initial resistance and shut down, giving the symptoms you seem to be experiencing, but so would a lack of gas :frowny:.
Mike

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
When we had the problem the boiler would start the process click to start fan would run a few seconds and then go into fault mode.
As I said previously the fan was not functioning correctly, we were in Portugal at the time and luckily got a Truma repair man to sort by fitting new fan.😊👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Y

yamyam

Free Member
Apr 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
Thanks to everyone for their kind assistance, problem resolved. Because of a need to reduce weight, another story about sellers not declaring truth, I changed to a 12kgs plastic gas bottle, available here in France. This necessitated changing the regulator to the new fitting. Pillock here didn’t think a drop of 2mb from 30-28 would make any difference, how wrong I was! Hob ok, hot water ok, but when extra gas called for on heating, supply not enough. Reverted to 15kg steel bottle and 30mb regulator and everything seems fine. Find another weight saving idea! Thanks again everyone.

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
I have the identical problem and replaced the regulator this morning as I susoected a gas supply problem.. The heating still cuts out when the second fan tries to cut in though. Its a 30mb regulator attached to a pair of gaslow bottles with autochangeover. The heater will work on a very low setting but won’t ratchet up. Fans spin well, I can just about touch them to check.
Anyone any further ideas ? Bottles full, hot water fine, gas appliances working.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I have the identical problem and replaced the regulator this morning as I susoected a gas supply problem.. The heating still cuts out when the second fan tries to cut in though. Its a 30mb regulator attached to a pair of gaslow bottles with autochangeover. The heater will work on a very low setting but won’t ratchet up. Fans spin well, I can just about touch them to check.
Anyone any further ideas ? Bottles full, hot water fine, gas appliances working.
When it stops are you getting the red warning light?

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
Yes. Identical to OP. Hot water is fine, a bzz then “ click “ and it shuts down just as its getting ready to give it a blast.

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
Not on hook up. Will be next week. I got 2 leisure batteries topped up by solar. Hmm. It’s an interesting thought actually, that heater hasn’t been used on EHU for 18 months (covid). We were full time then.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back