Truman Ultra Heat Fire (1 Viewer)

John Kennedy

Free Member
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
Hi
I have a gas/electric Truman Ultra Heat fire in my 2011 Bessacarr, operated from a NE183 control panel. I hook up the electric every weekend in winter and run the heater and blower for a few hours in winter to keep the dampness out of the MH. I run it on manual from the panel.
At the weekend the electric suddenly stopped working and the blower was just putting out cold air. It has worked fine all winter on all three heat settings on the selector unit on the wall. When i try to switch it on at the heating selector switch, the small green light flashes for a second then goes out. None of the three heat settings work (500, 1000 or 2000)
I checked all the fuses, checked the small consumer unit MCBs, lifted the whole fuse unit panel cover out and checked all the wires in the back and checked the wiring at the back of the selector switch on the wall. I also pulled the front cover off the fire and couldn't see anything obvious. I know that there is thermostat in the fire that cuts out the electric heating (as an over ride) if the gas fire is switched on.

Anybody got any ideas on what might be the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_7477[1].JPG
    IMG_7477[1].JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7478[1].JPG
    IMG_7478[1].JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
J

John Kennedy

Free Member
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
Found the problem. faulty on/off switch for the heater under the small consumer unit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 10

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back