LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Next Tuesday (28th May) I have an appointment at the Truma UK Workshop near Derby, to have our boiler seen to.

Does anyone have any experience please, of work carried out at Truma UK?
The work we need carried out, was turned down by those Truma servicing agents who took the time to respond to our queries, (by phone or email), mainly with the excuse that they didn't know anything about our boiler, and were only experienced on later models. :doh:
It would appear that the UK workshop is geared up with spares for our older Trumatic C6002.

Fingers crossed for a successful visit. :pray:

Jock. :)

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Yes. I was there last year for new elements fitted to our 6e boiler. Because of how Rapido put the boiler in 1st, then build the camper round it, I was there for over 6 hours!!!!
Plenty of free tea, coffee, bacon butties and even lunch. There is a nice rest room with a tv to watch. But it was a long day, but a good service in the end.
With hind site, it would have been better to just run on gas, because I could have bought blooming loads of gas....
Ironically, we’ve now changed for another Rapido....
But this ones got Alde heating:):)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
How did you make your appointment? I've got a Truma/Alde hybrid system. Truma boiler, Alde circulation system it needs attention to run on electric but neither company agents will look at it. Let us know how you get on please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
How did you make your appointment? I've got a Truma/Alde hybrid system. Truma boiler, Alde circulation system it needs attention to run on electric but neither company agents will look at it. Let us know how you get on please.
That doesn't sound like a hybrid system? It sounds like Alde heating & Truma hot water. The only link between the two is likely to be feeding Alde hot water to the cold side of the Truma.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
That doesn't sound like a hybrid system? It sounds like Alde heating & Truma hot water. The only link between the two is likely to be feeding Alde hot water to the cold side of the Truma.
It's a Truma Aquatherm EL. Factory fitted to Hymer S Classes in the early 2000s as one of the 3 separate heating systems. A sort lived cooperative venture between the two companies.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It's a Truma Aquatherm EL. Factory fitted to Hymer S Classes in the early 2000s as one of the 3 separate heating systems. A sort lived cooperative venture between the two companies.
I've just Googled it. I'd never heard of it before. I'm going to try hard to forget it now :D.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......

I was talking to one (Truma) of their guys at the NEC, and he gave me a phone number to ring. I just booked an appointment

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Will do. :) BTW, they don't do servicing, only repairs, so I have booked ours in as a repair......................and hoping for an overhaul. :LOL:

I just booked an appointment
Ditto Dave. (y)

Broken Link Removed

Thanks all for your replies. Much appreciated. (y)

Cheers,

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Bing Bong. :)

Update... Boiler out, burner removed and the igniter probes are shot. :( The flue is cracked at the boiler, and the lid of the boiler which was replaced back in 2007, whilst at the Dusseldorf Show, has disintegrated. :eek: So, those parts plus 4 X hours labour, should see it right for another ten years, according to the engineer. (y) Having seen the probes, I'm surprised it even fired up at all. :eek: It is pleasing to know that any intervention by myself, wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference, so the decision to come here was the right one. :)

Currently awaiting bench testing before refitting, and obviously, the outstanding bill. :pray:................... :LOL:

For now,

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Bing Bong, me again. :)

All was done by 12.30hrs, whereupon I was invited back into the MH, with the boiler working away full blast.
Immediately, I could smell the newness of the parts, as they became exposed to heat for the first time. Everything appeared to be in order, as well as clean and tidy, and all I had to do was to put everything back in the cupboards around the boiler area.
The work and parts come with a 2 x year warranty. The bill came to £421 (which was less than I was expecting TBH), plus a tip of £30 between the two very helpful engineers, who did a couple of minor jobs for me whilst the boiler was out on the bench. (y)
I had a walk around the MH before setting off, and observed that the heat and steam vapour coming from the external flue, was greater than that experienced previously..................and not just my imagination.

In conclusion, as the current boiler model is now obsolete, and searches by myself on the internet for a replacement have proved fruitless, getting repairs done by Truma UK was the very best decision. (y) I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their service to anyone. :)

Cheers,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back