Truma water leak (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
I had a combi boiler replaced by the retailer, all good have post fitting check list. I fired it up early Feb all good. I assume that the post fitting and my test was just a quick fire up, water getting warm, heating working, and turn off. I've fitted a Gas it cylinder which came with a new pigtail hose that does not have the little button to press, do I need it? Anyways fired up the boiler all good, water to hot and heating warmer than outside, thought may as well try it on mains and yes heating and water still good with gas deselected. Good you would think, no carpet was wet. Where the, and I use the word loosely, technician had connected the water in to the drain valve the new hose had split, clamp over the top and it looked fine. Now I did not check for leaks when I did my test, but it is obvious that it was seeping at the join. Removed the hose and trimmed an inch off refit and all fine. Don't know how many a car engine hose I've that to over the years. Moral check work done to your vehicles. Stay safe and happy motorhomefun.

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Found out what the green button does, as I shut the gas off before driving and don't have it on while underway, don't need an anti rupture valve. I guess the 13 year old Truma hose needs replacing anyway, so I'll stick with the new Gas-it one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back