Truma water heater trouble. (1 Viewer)

Ric

Free Member
Jan 27, 2018
Funster No
Hi,

My wife and I are proud new owners of a 1992 Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD motorhome. It has come with a list of jobs which I have already started to enjoy making headway on. Cold start issue, cruise control fault, safety valve water leak, external light fault and gas heater problem all sorted I have now started to tackle the faulty Truma water heater (B10).

When switched on neither LED lights up when the control unit switch is turned on. The on/off switch was faulty as it was open circuit in both positions. Stripped and cleaned it's now working as it should. However, the water heater is still not working. I've tested continuity on all possible cables and all seem ok. I've measured 12V up to the PCB and have now hit a bit of a wall. The PCB looks healthy enough (no obvious signs of blown components). I've also tested the tracks from point to point for the ones I can trace. The fuse is in tact and I've tested the relays by applying an extenal 12V to operate them (didn't have enough hands to test the actual switching of the relays). I'm unable to fully test the capacitors as my circuit tester doestn't test micro farads.

Does any one have any ideas? I've asked Truma for a circuit diagram of the PCB to assist with my blind fault finding - from what I've read their customer service is very good.

On the plus side it drives like a dream. Gave it a good run out from Peterborough to Wiltshire then onto Germany. Thank goodness a previous owner fitted cruise control!

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
HI Ric, welcome to MotorhomeFun sorry can't help you with your boiler problem even though I am an ex RN mechanic with a lot of electrical experience as I have worked on lifts for 25years, I am alright with the fault in front of me and I can see what I am doing,
I have just sold my 7m Hymer and I am looking to buy a 1992 FENDT with a Fiat 2.5 TDI which is 93HP and 5m long, how long is your van and what HP is it? I see from your post you found the engine to be OK?
Hope you get your boiler sorted I should image the van I am considering buying has the same boiler so I might be after a copy of the electrical drawing.
Regards Mickymouse

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back