Truma water heater- Overnight? (1 Viewer)

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
How efficient is the insulation on a Truma? Wondering if anyone leaves it on overnight to have hot water first thing in the morning or does it use too much gas to make it worthwhile. Any thoughts? VMax

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I've only just started using my Truma water heater (usually boil kettle) and everyone so far has said leave iton alll the time as on a thermostat. Don't know if that helps. (however, I turn it off as it only takes ten minutes to heat up anyway):RollEyes:

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We usually put the water heater on in the morning & do the washing up from PM & AM in one go and the water is still warm in the evening after being off for about 5-6 hours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Never left it on overnight. I just lean out of bed and turn the switch on 10 minutes before getting up if I want a shower (i.e. when not using site showers).

Graham

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
Never left it on overnight. I just lean out of bed and turn the switch on 10 minutes before getting up if I want a shower (i.e. when not using site showers).

Graham

Exactly what I do, unless we are on hook up and the Truma is on electric setting, then I would leave it on all the time.

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I have a fixed rear bed in my hobby, and the 240V switch is on the bulkhead at the base of the bed, - a comfortable reach with my big toe, hence we always have hot water when w get out of bed:roflmto:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have left ours on all night loads of times.. by accident !
Simply forgot to turn it off..
And in all honesty I cannot say I have noticed it has used a large amount of gas

saab95

Free Member
Nov 16, 2009
pontypridd
Funster No
MH
lunar champ
Exp
three months
Exactly what I do, unless we are on hook up and the Truma is on electric setting, then I would leave it on all the time.

how can i tell if my boiler is switchable from gas to electric. are they all???

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Saab on mine there is the round black temperature knob .... one to seven or something like that.... and then another switch above it like a black light switch. this top one is the switch to switch it to electricity. If it isn't switched on then you are using gas. If switched on then you are using electricity. Hope that helps. Joy

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
how can i tell if my boiler is switchable from gas to electric. are they all???

No they are not all gas / electric - have a look at your boiler it will have a leccy element on with wiring to it.If you cannot see the wiring it will most likely be gas only.Electric heating elements are around 40 quid and can be retro fitted if you think it worth it but to be honest I do not think it worth the effort as they do not use much gas anyway.
Yes they keep water warm overnight but if you make yourself a cuppa ,turn on the boiler you will have a piping hot shower by the time you have drunk your cuppa :thumb: We often leave ours on overnight and hear it click on a couple of times during the night :ROFLMAO:They also come in 2 sizes 10ltrs and 15 ltr holding tank,obviously the bigger the tank the more hot water
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back