Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi all
New on here but not to camper vans and motorhomes, done it most of my life but mainly in old ones I keep going by myself. But now I am retired thought I would go modern and bought a compass avantgarde. Now the reason I am posting on here is I have a bit of a niggle with the water heater which works fine except for a drip out of the vent pipe in a morning , maybe a pint every two hours, if you run the hot tap it stops and useing it through the day it doesnt drip again but it will be dripping again next morning even with the burner switched off. Is this normal , if not , what do I need to do to stop it.
Thanks chaser

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi all
New on here but not to camper vans and motorhomes, done it most of my life but mainly in old ones I keep going by myself. But now I am retired thought I would go modern and bought a compass avantgarde. Now the reason I am posting on here is I have a bit of a niggle with the water heater which works fine except for a drip out of the vent pipe in a morning , maybe a pint every two hours, if you run the hot tap it stops and useing it through the day it doesnt drip again but it will be dripping again next morning even with the burner switched off. Is this normal , if not , what do I need to do to stop it.
Thanks chaser

Sounds like your none return valve is not working :thumb:
If you need advice give me a call tomorrow
Ash tel 07976167477 :thumb:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Cheers mate, thought so but not having anything to do with these type of boilers thought i'd ask someone that knows before I messed with it.
Thanks
Chaser

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Faulty non return valve (the red bit on the ho water outlet at top of boiler. Not an expensive part but make sure you get the right one as there are two types. One has a john guest push in fitting for the hot water pipe and the other has a ribbed spigot to go into the hot water hose with a jubilee clip to hold it on.

D.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi Guys
First thing this morning , ordered new fitting, went to get old one off, guess what , just a little rubber valve with a bit off muck stuck in it, cleaned it up , not a speck of water comeing out.:Doh:. Still got a spare now if it goes wrong.
Thanks again for your help
chaser

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back