Truma Ultrastore Rapid gas fault (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Hi

we have just had our first weekend away without EHU. Before we left I checked the boiler was working on gas, and all seemed fine. However what happens is the boiler fires OK but only works for a short time and heats up a small amount of water. It will not go on again for some time. I have not used to gas side much and do not know if the green light should go out when the boiler reaches temperature or if it stays on. I have not had time to look at the boiler yet and hope to get to it at the weekend. Does anyone know about the green light? I'm trying to find out if it is a temperature sensor fault or pcb/ control issue.

Thanks

John

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Call Truma, tell them whats happening they are very helpfull and will advise you.

Eric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
The green light stays On its the yellow one that's On until it reaches temperature and then goes Off.
I know when mine fires up you hear it roaring for a short while then you can't hear it, but if you go to the exhaust it's still running, is that on 40c and 60c doing the same. Bob

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I had a similar problem to yours but I don't think mines a rapid probably a basic Ultrastore (2004). I took the PCB out of the plastic boiler casing, cleaned the contacts then reseated it. Works fine now.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Thanks for the replies, I emailed Truma and got a fast reply I then phoned for additional advice, they are very helpful. If all else fails if you send them components they will test them free of charge, and confirm any faults. I wish other manufactures did that. After speaking to Niki from Truma I think the fault may be with the power supply to the boiler. Will check at the weekend.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if you need a board ive got one that truma checked as ok as we could never find out what was wrong and bought a new heater just postage

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
if you need a board ive got one that truma checked as ok as we could never find out what was wrong and bought a new heater just postage
Thanks I may take you up on that if that's the fault

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
HI Mitzimad I would like to take you up on your offer please. At least I could eliminate the pcb from the fault list. I've sent you a PM.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
The law acording to sod. So I'm at home now, I have my full toolkit, meters etc. I have checked the wiring and run the boiler waiting for it to cut out, so of course the b@$*ard works perfectly. Cutting in and out on the thermostat green light on all the time. I HATE INTERMITTENT FAULTS.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I know how the customers feel now when I tell them " if I'm standing if front of a boiler that does not work I can tell you why, but if I'm standing in front of one that does work I can't tell you why it didn't work yesterday " never thought I would have to use this on myself.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Update
I've not been able to find the problem withe the boiler so last weekend I stripped the pcb and re did all the connections, I also added an indicator lamp to the power supply. This weekend we are away in the New Forest and as usual the boiler fails again,only this time the lamp proved it is a fault with the power supply not the boiler itself. Does anyone know where the relays are on an Autosleeper Duetto? I think theya be under the drivers seat but I'm not sure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back