truma ultrastore 2005 (1 Viewer)

waynecameron

Free Member
Oct 18, 2018
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato coachbuilt
Exp
Hi, please help. My bolier was left on without water in the tank !!! therefore the element burnt out. I have replaced this but now the bolier only heats up on gas and not 230v. all fuses are ok, wondering if theres some sort of reset switch to enable this to work that ive missed ?

also boiler heats up lovely on the gas but no hot water is coming out of the taps just cold. i have mixer taps on the kitchen and bathroom sinks/shower. any ideas on this ?

thanks for you help in advance, all new to this so any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
W

waynecameron

Free Member
Oct 18, 2018
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato coachbuilt
Exp
all fuses are ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi, please help. My bolier was left on without water in the tank !!! therefore the element burnt out. I have replaced this but now the bolier only heats up on gas and not 230v. all fuses are ok, wondering if theres some sort of reset switch to enable this to work that ive missed ?

also boiler heats up lovely on the gas but no hot water is coming out of the taps just cold. i have mixer taps on the kitchen and bathroom sinks/shower. any ideas on this ?

thanks for you help in advance, all new to this so any help would be appreciated.
Hi
What van, what year, what sort of heating system?

Edit: now read title :giggle:.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
all fuses are ok
Sorry, Wayne, I didn't read your post properly. You had, indeed, said that.
If you can tell us which boiler you have, we may be able to help. Some have reset buttons, others have automatic cut-outs...

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Isn't there a fuse on the boiler PCB? Seem to remember a comment about a small fuse, easy to miss.
But there again I could be wrong!

As regards hot water, is the boiler actually filling up? If the dump valve (frost protector) is open all you'll get is cold water, but in that case the water pump will be running all the time and there'll be water running out underneath. Again just an idea. If the heating is working, even on gas, you should be getting hot water.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Look around the van for a switch. On our 240v our switch is in the wardrobe.

Do you have an indicator on a knob perhaps that’s lights up green when you turn it to 240?

How do you know your boiler is heating up lovely on Gas ?

Welcome to fun.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
The lack of water may be due to air locks.

Look in the Resources section on here. I did a full write-up with photos of a Truma Combi Boiler repair. About the third photo shows the boilers with the PCB covers removed. Near the top of the PCB near the middle you will see a stripey fuse that may have blown. Also at the top left there is a red reset button in a squarish section with a wire terminal in each corner.

Try those and see what happens.

OP
OP
W

waynecameron

Free Member
Oct 18, 2018
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato coachbuilt
Exp
hi sorry for not getting back thank you for all your comments, its a truma ultrastore 2005.
ive checked the fuse on the pcb board and also the main switch and they are both fine.
nothing happens when i try to heat it on electric however when i switch it to gas the tank is scorching hot.
the taps have been left running to allow any air locks to escape but still no hot water comes out the taps only cold.
please excuse my ignorance but exactly how do these things works, obviously the cold water comes directly from the storage tank but how does it know to start pumping from the heater tank when the taps are turned to the hot position. is there some sort of valve that could be stuck in the "cold" position ?
thanks for your input

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The pump is either controlled by micro switches on the taps or it is a pressurised system. I.e when you open a tap ,pressure drops & pump stsrts. You need to open only one tap, the hot one first & check water is coming out of that. It can happen that if you open both taps it takes the path of least resistance , the cold side , so you could still have air in the hot side. Open hot tap & water should come out after air expelled. Then do another hot tap ,Then check first one again .Then do cold . I everything else working on 240v ? Just wondered whether the rcd had tripped & needed resetting

OP
OP
W

waynecameron

Free Member
Oct 18, 2018
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato coachbuilt
Exp
thank you. i have mixer taps in both kitchen and toilet, these are in the hot position when i try and bleed.

yes everything else is fine on 240v

probably ones of thise issues where there is a simple fix !

someone mentioned to me about a one way valve ??

thanks

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I expect that there is a reset button on the boiler somewhere to get the electrics working again.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I expect there is a non return valve (NRV) at the inlet to the boiler (where the cold water enters). It may be stuck in the closed position. The NRV is there to prevent hot water from returning into the cold system.

OP
OP
W

waynecameron

Free Member
Oct 18, 2018
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato coachbuilt
Exp
thanks ive checked for the valve and i have one on the cold water pipe just before the drain valve. will replace it and see, hopefully i will have hot water out the taps soon :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back