Nov 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Pretty much got the hang of it now!
Hi All (Again)

I have a Truma Ultraheat in my Autotrail Dakota SE 2003 that initially worked on 240v when I tried it a while back. On 240v hook-up, the green LED illuminated and I was able to select either 500, 1000 or 200w. The knob allowed me a range of from 1-9 stat settings. The fan on the heater unit worked and hot air blew out from the vents albeit rather weakly (is this normal?). After 20 mins it stopped. The green LED on the control panel was not illuminated. When I turned it off the LED illuminated faintly for a millisecond then went out. This it did for a few weeks each time I tried it but now it won't illuminate at all. The fan works I presume on 12v and not 240v as it would have to work on gas if no 240v available by hookup? All the MCBs are fine. Changed fuse on Ultraheat isolating switch all good too. I have just put in a new EC328 and matching control panel all working fine. As I have yet to have its first habitation check since we bought it in November 2020, I don't want to try the heater on gas until a professional has checked all the pipes, joints etc. From any wise heads out there, do you think it would most likely be the control unit or perhaps a pcb/other component gone west in the fire itself?

Cheers

Paul

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
Hi have you checked that the 230/12v transformer output on the printed circuit board is healthy?
Good luck
post-261-0-33579200-1494946476.jpg

OP
OP
P
Nov 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Hi Stanbrook
Many thanks for that. Do you have any advice on how to do that?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P
Nov 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Hi All

I have removed the PCB and now sending it off to be checked. From all the advice I can glean, I think it is the PCB gone west. I keep reading about thermostats/probes that go faulty. These can be replaced for a few pounds apparently. Where might I find them on my Truma 3002EL does anyone know?

Cheers

Paul

Marnieboy

Free Member
Mar 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class hymer
Hi All (Again)

I have a Truma Ultraheat in my Autotrail Dakota SE 2003 that initially worked on 240v when I tried it a while back. On 240v hook-up, the green LED illuminated and I was able to select either 500, 1000 or 200w. The knob allowed me a range of from 1-9 stat settings. The fan on the heater unit worked and hot air blew out from the vents albeit rather weakly (is this normal?). After 20 mins it stopped. The green LED on the control panel was not illuminated. When I turned it off the LED illuminated faintly for a millisecond then went out. This it did for a few weeks each time I tried it but now it won't illuminate at all. The fan works I presume on 12v and not 240v as it would have to work on gas if no 240v available by hookup? All the MCBs are fine. Changed fuse on Ultraheat isolating switch all good too. I have just put in a new EC328 and matching control panel all working fine. As I have yet to have its first habitation check since we bought it in November 2020, I don't want to try the heater on gas until a professional has checked all the pipes, joints etc. From any wise heads out there, do you think it would most likely be the control unit or perhaps a pcb/other component gone west in the fire itself?

Cheers

Paul
There should be a click from the fire when turning the heat control up and down 1 to 9 if not there's a problem with one or both of the two small temperature switches which are situated near the 240v heating element which are prone to fail if not the electric heating element has probably failed. The temperature switches are the most common fault with the ultraheat system I always keep 2 pairs in stock and always replace both at the same time as you have to remove the gas burner/heat exchanger to get to them if your not confident to replace them then get a approved workshop to do the work as you will need to get the gas fire safety checked after refitting it.

OP
OP
P
Nov 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Hi Marnieboy
Many thanks for your advice. I discovered it was the pcb. I got it repaired using a talkie off ebay and it was sorted. I used a useful tip from Motorhomefun for examining the transformer and relays which proved correct.
Thanks again.
Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back