Truma S3002 gas fire, Wiring for push button piezzo igniter.... (1 Viewer)

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Another question on Truma s3002 gas fires please............

Mine currently has the auto ignition box. As regular readers will know(!), I've got a problem with that setup.

One - and possibly by far the cheapest - option is to simply remove that (unreliable in our case) ignition box, and instead just fit a simple, push-button manual piezzo igniter, of the type that was used in the earlier model of these fires. (Photo attached).
The cover of our fire has a push-out plastic blanking plug at each end that I assume is where the manual igniter would sit.

My question is about the wiring of these earlier igniters:

Am I correct in assuming that the wire coming from the bottom end of the igniter should be connected up to the HT wire that disappears into the fire and leads to the spark terminal; and that the contact on the side of the igniter body should be connected to the metal body of the fire to provide an earth return?

If anyone knows, and even better also has a photo of how theirs is wired, I'd be very grateful.......

Attachments

• s3002 piezzo manual igniter.jpg
    s3002 piezzo manual igniter.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 214
OP
OP
The Nomad

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Thanks Tony - but I don't want a whole new fire, just to replace the dodgy auto ignition box on my current one.

EBay and lots of parts suppliers have the alternative, simpler, push button piezo electric igniter that fits into the fire cover instead; I just want to make sure of the wiring for it if I go ahead and buy one.

...... Plus also maybe see if anyone has got an old secondhand push button igniter going cheap that they want to sell to me!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back