Truma, red light. (1 Viewer)

Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
The red light is flashing when I turn the heating onto gas only. The gas is still ok on job and fridge. Any quick fix suggestions.
the boilers approx 10 years old.
thanks

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Quite often means low pressure. Other appliances dont sense gas pressure.
Could be cold weather which makes a nearly empty cylinder give even lower pressure.
Butane would also fail in low temps.
If plenty of gas in cylinder try hot water over cylinder and let us know result.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mark49
Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
Just another thought, if the battery is below 12v, would this cause that flashing.

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Good morning. I don't want to appear disloyal to this excellent and very entertaining forum but there are others out there and a quick search led me here . If you do find out what is wrong and manage to fix it please post the "solution" so that we can all benefit from the little bit of extra knowledge it might bring to the complex and confusing world of motor homing.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mark49
Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
Good morning. I don't want to appear disloyal to this excellent and very entertaining forum but there are others out there and a quick search led me here . If you do find out what is wrong and manage to fix it please post the "solution" so that we can all benefit from the little bit of extra knowledge it might bring to the complex and confusing world of motor homing.
I really do wish people like you would f... o.f.
Im trying to get a quick answer in the hope somebody might have one available, while also searching the web for answers, while sitting on a car park hoping to head off soon,and cold. Not sitting on my p c at home. Thanks very much though DUB.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 1

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Don't need to be at your pc, can open link on the phone.
A lot of these things are user error and not reading the manual, many of which, can be obtained online, on your phone.
The f off comment is really rude and uncalled for.

Upvote 0

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
The red light is flashing when I turn the heating onto gas only. The gas is still ok on job and fridge. Any quick fix suggestions.
the boilers approx 10 years old.
thanks
The red flashing light means flame failure, try turning it on and off a few times if that fails turn it off for a while (30mins) and try again.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Im trying to get a quick answer in the hope somebody might have one available, while also searching the web for answers, while sitting on a car park hoping to head off soon,and cold. Not sitting on my p c at home. Thanks very much though DUB.
IMV that's first comments is uncalled for and I suggest you take the time to read Rule 1 of the forum. At no point did you mention this was 'urgent' as you want to head off soon and didn't have access to a PC (not that it's needed).

You asked for help then you were given options to consider, someone took the time to look for something for you rather than you have to wait for 'the' answer you wanted to hear which would solve your issue (hopefully) which is difficult to be precise about based on the small amount of info you've given in your post.

I am normally one of the funsters who would put myself out to help others and try to find the answer for them by searching the web if I didn't know it myself, but despite this being done for you, you aren't happy, so I won't bother adding to your 'burden'.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Upvote 0

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
As was mentioned the hob and fridge will run until the gas runs out where as your boiler will detect low pressure and won't run = warning light (on our Truma that's orange). Could it be that your gas bottle is just low ?

Upvote 0

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Too late
steam-coming-out-of-ears-emoji-11562927341jn5i60cvkm.png

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I also googled Truma manuals on my phone , easily found, but as you hadn’t given details of your model I couldn’t be sure

Really didn’t like your earlier reply either

you could prove the low pressure issue by swapping to a spare bottle if you have two , but guess if you do have 2 you would have already tried the obvious 👍

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Well thank you Mark49 for such a calm and rational response. I hope you find the solution you are looking for. Please don't trouble me any more.

Upvote 0

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019

whilst I understand how frustrating it is when something won’t work , I don’t think your attitude towards the other member was fair👎🏻👎🏻
I hope you get the problem solved .

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
D'ya think Mark has sorted it, has frozen to death in his MH, or is just to scared to come back on here and tell us? :giggle:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mark49
Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
Thanks to ALL responses, I think the problem has been a voltage issue rather than a gas problem( power fuse from battery had blown) I’ve had an ehu for a few hours now and checked it out once the battery charger had finished topping up the batteries,disconnected again and it all seems fine,so flashing red may also indicate low voltage problem(thought I’d check it before reporting back) Thanks again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mark49
Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
To TDUB & Mindy Girl.
I’m adequate at fault finding,not on boilers though,so I know often there can be 1 or 2 quick regular places to look to avoid a whole lotta time wasting, so in my post I asked “any quick fixes”so when you responded suggesting I look around other places, it was unnecessary,thanks. It’s not you’re place to tell people how to use this site once they’ve paid the subs,either answer or don’t answer,barbed comments not needed. Re the post the solution comment, I have done this in the past if I have resolved the problem,but again TDubs thanks for the advice.
Re the comment being uncalled for, well lots of spoken words are uncalled for but said anyway, that’s communication.if there’s a mr Minxy Girl, he May attest or may not,ask him. I won’t be reading rule 1 or any other, I like the site for info,sometime entertainment and often to flick when bored. At no point did I mention it was urgent and I’m still not saying it was urgent because it wasn’t. But, again once the subs are paid, I don’t need to inform you of my situation or what I’m wearing when posting( I just post a question to get an answer). Again re the small amount of info, that’s all I had until I look into it more then have more then it’s a different question......... I new I shouldn’t have started answering you two.... But Minxy Girl ,thanks anway.

Minxy Minxy Minxy, I see you’ve put another comment on after all you’ve just been berating me about how to use this forum in a responsible manner...that seems UNCALLED for. You’re words look👆
Thanks again if I have any other problems I’ll be ....

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Obviously the op doesn’t read the replies, having worked on motorhomes for over thirty years when someone has a problem i like to help A if I know the answer B if I can make a helpful suggestion C wait and see if someone comes up with a successful solution then store than new to me knowledge so I might furnish it to help someone out another day. I can even at my advancing years manage to do this in a polite and well mannered way, without causing offence or being rude to others. Obviously it would appear this is not alway the case with some.

Upvote 0

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Thanks to ALL responses, I think the problem has been a voltage issue rather than a gas problem( power fuse from battery had blown) I’ve had an ehu for a few hours now and checked it out once the battery charger had finished topping up the batteries,disconnected again and it all seems fine,so flashing red may also indicate low voltage problem(thought I’d check it before reporting back) Thanks again.
Was it a low battery problem or blown fuse as mine does the same. The red light flashes and the heating kicks on and off. Sometimes I turn it off and back on and this fixes it. Other times it doesn’t and I just have to live with going on and off.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mark49
Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
Was it a low battery problem or blown fuse as mine does the same. The red light flashes and the heating kicks on and off. Sometimes I turn it off and back on and this fixes it. Other times it doesn’t and I just have to live with going on and off.
I’m guessing it’s just a voltage level issue, if you haven’t got a blown fuse, then maybe sometimes you’re battery levels aren’t upto required level. But I’m guessing as today is the first time Ive realised that could be a cause.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
To TDUB & Mindy Girl.
I’m adequate at fault finding,not on boilers though,so I know often there can be 1 or 2 quick regular places to look to avoid a whole lotta time wasting, so in my post I asked “any quick fixes”so when you responded suggesting I look around other places, it was unnecessary,thanks. It’s not you’re place to tell people how to use this site once they’ve paid the subs,either answer or don’t answer,barbed comments not needed. Re the post the solution comment, I have done this in the past if I have resolved the problem,but again TDubs thanks for the advice.
Re the comment being uncalled for, well lots of spoken words are uncalled for but said anyway, that’s communication.if there’s a mr Minxy Girl, he May attest or may not,ask him. I won’t be reading rule 1 or any other, I like the site for info,sometime entertainment and often to flick when bored. At no point did I mention it was urgent and I’m still not saying it was urgent because it wasn’t. But, again once the subs are paid, I don’t need to inform you of my situation or what I’m wearing when posting( I just post a question to get an answer). Again re the small amount of info, that’s all I had until I look into it more then have more then it’s a different question......... I new I shouldn’t have started answering you two.... But Minxy Girl ,thanks anway.

Minxy Minxy Minxy, I see you’ve put another comment on after all you’ve just been berating me about how to use this forum in a responsible manner...that seems UNCALLED for. You’re words look👆
Thanks again if I have any other problems I’ll be ....
You really don't get this forum at all, seriously you don't, especially if you can't tell 'funny' posts from 'serious' ones. I had hoped that my later silly post would encourage you to respond with a funny retort but unfortunately not.

When you joined you agreed to behave in a certain way, it's not my Rule 1, its the forum Rule 1, and we all try to abide by it to avoid unnecessary issues, or getting sent to the forum version of 'Coventry' for a few weeks (yes it really DOES happen), or even being banned. Telling some to f.... off when they were trying to help you IMV wasn't nice - this isn't the way we 'treat' each other on here ... perhaps visiting more and 'learning' how we interact, mostly respectfully, occasionally a bit prickly, but mostly with a good dollop of fun, would help I suspect, so why not have a good rummage around when you've got warm and cosy in your MH.

Upvote 0

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I wished I had internet on my phone at christmas when I was freezing my tits off because the heating wouldn't work but the oven would and I didnt have a spare gas bottle to try at least I would gave Bern snle to read this thread and get warm laughing

Ps I realised if was a gas problem when the hob died half way through cooking bacon and eggs on christmas morning

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back