Truma not working on electricity. (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Hi everyone
On site got up no 240 power. Rcd had tripped in van.. I was on an old supply fir main feed so whether that went which triggered rcd?? Or rcd triggered main feed.. so moved pitch to new feed with accessible rcd! However, now my heating or water won't wrk on electricity fine on gas. I'm wondering if fuses gone on the boiler??
Any advice would be appreciated

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If the RCD in the van Tripped it will be equipment in the van that has Tripped it.
As the heater is not working probably a problem with one of the elements.

If it is one of the Truma elements they are expensive to replace, probably not worth the bother. Boiler works better on gas an gas is cheaper than electricity.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
This happened to me a few years ago, the fridge 24ov element had burnt out. Replacement of the element fixed it, for info the fuse didn't blow.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Hi everyone
On site got up no 240 power. Rcd had tripped in van.. I was on an old supply fir main feed so whether that went which triggered rcd?? Or rcd triggered main feed.. so moved pitch to new feed with accessible rcd! However, now my heating or water won't wrk on electricity fine on gas. I'm wondering if fuses gone on the boiler??
Any advice would be appreciated
What Lenny HB said. The error code on the Truma control panel might give you a clue, though tbh they are often indecipherable. Are your other 240v items working (fridge, power sockets)?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
What Lenny HB said. The error code on the Truma control panel might give you a clue, though tbh they are often indecipherable. Are your other 240v items working (fridge, power sockets)?
Err don't have a truma control panel just 2 knows? All other power wrking fine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Err don't have a truma control panel just 2 knows? All other power wrking fine
Presume you mean 2 knobs - so a different means of turning off/on than mine. There are some youtube videos that help find the fuses on a Truma - but it really depends how technically-skilled you are. Lenny HB has probably the best advice

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Presume you mean 2 knobs - so a different means of turning off/on than mine. There are some youtube videos that help find the fuses on a Truma - but it really depends how technically-skilled you are. Lenny HB has probably the best advice

16811527398706236152533546276469.jpg

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Does the orange light on the bottom knob illuminate on EHU if there dial is set to 1 or 2 wriggly worms with the top knob set to either heat or water (or both)? If it does it usually means one of the elements has failed.
You can get codes from flashing lights in the heater PCB but that's getting pretty technical and rarely of any use to us lay people.

Just realised RCD tripping so very likely faulty element shorting to boiler casing rather than internally. Is RCD ok if 240v turned off on boiler?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Does the orange light on the bottom knob illuminate on EHU if there dial is set to 1 or 2 wriggly worms with the top knob set to either heat or water (or both)? If it does it usually means one of the elements has failed.
You can get codes from flashing lights in the heater PCB but that's getting pretty technical and rarely of any use to us lay people
I will check tomorrow thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
For info.
My boiler (same as yours) blew the trip, and it was one of my electric elements in the boiler. Boiler showed no signs of the problem and still doesn’t now. All lights and controls working it just doesn’t heat properly.
So if your elements have failed it probably won’t put error code code up, it just won’t do what it should.

I just use gas as it works better on that anyway and with refillable isn’t costly. Unlike the cost of element replacement.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
For info.
My boiler (same as yours) blew the trip, and it was one of my electric elements in the boiler. Boiler showed no signs of the problem and still doesn’t now. All lights and controls working it just doesn’t heat properly.
So if your elements have failed it probably won’t put error code code up, it just won’t do what it should.

I just use gas as it works better on that anyway and with refillable isn’t costly. Unlike the cost of element replacement.
Oh yes someone else said with refillable it's cheaper.. element's cost abt £200 pounds ibelieve?

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Oh yes someone else said with refillable it's cheaper.. element's cost abt £200 pounds ibelieve?
I got a pair off ebay for £145 about 12 months ago and fitted them myself. You can pay much nearer to £300 for original Truma ones but I can't see how they can be any better than the ebay ones. I was lucky that I could access the elements without pulling the van apart which is not usually the case unfortunately.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back