Truma mixed fuel & electric settings??? (1 Viewer)

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
We have a Truma CP PLUS with the following instructions for both water and heating
a Gas / Fuel Gas / Diesel
b EL 1 Electrical
c EL 2 Electrical
d MIX 1 * Electric + Gas / Diesel
e MIX 2 * Electric + Gas / Diesel
"A" is pretty self explanatory, but what is the difference between "b" & "c" and again "d" & "e". Does anyone know which takes the most fuel source/fastest/economic etc.
BTW There is also a boost and Eco mode - again no instructions in the book

Anyone out there who can shed some light please

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We have a Truma CP PLUS with the following instructions for both water and heating
a Gas / Fuel Gas / Diesel
b EL 1 Electrical
c EL 2 Electrical
d MIX 1 * Electric + Gas / Diesel
e MIX 2 * Electric + Gas / Diesel
"A" is pretty self explanatory, but what is the difference between "b" & "c" and again "d" & "e". Does anyone know which takes the most fuel source/fastest/economic etc.
BTW There is also a boost and Eco mode - again no instructions in the book

Anyone out there who can shed some light please

This is just a guess as I just have the bog standard gas/electric version but the 1 or 2 in front of Electric might well refer to the electrical elements in use, ie 1 = 900kW, 2 = 1800kw.

Again can't comment on the diesel component, but gas is faster than electric at heating as it has greater power output. HTH

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Our Truma Combi 6E does not have the same markings in the same order. Instead starting at the top and going clockwise we have
1800W electric
900W electric
Gas only (6000W max)
Gas plus 900W electric (total 4900W)
Gas plus 1800W electric (total 5800W).

With the 4E you need to knock off 2000W from the gas and gas + electric figures.

Gas works much quicker and better for both heating and water - but so it should with the additional wattage it has.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
So I am now guessing that the second of each setting is the higher electric setting! Agree that gas is much quicker, but when have EHU on campsites and going out for the evening we thought we might save on gas and still come in to a toasty motorhome

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
So I am now guessing that the second of each setting is the higher electric setting! Agree that gas is much quicker, but when have EHU on campsites and going out for the evening we thought we might save on gas and still come in to a toasty motorhome

On mine they are marked with symbols.
One squiggly vertical line = 900W
Two squiggly vertical lines = 1800W
Flame = gas

And of course you have flame and one or two squiggly lines for mixed.

Electric is fine for continuous heat, but switching on in the morning when waking up or evening after being out, the gas is much better at getting it warm quickly. Then switch to electric

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Truma Heating

Hi I have the CP Plus and find that electric is OK for heating the water but if you really want heat then gas is the only way. You may know but the boost for the heating only works when there is a difference in in outside and inside of 10 digs. I just wack the inside temperature up enough so that there is a 10 deg difference and then turn down manually when we're 'toast' I do like the timer though, saves me getting up in the cold to turn the heating on!

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
hadn't realised boost was water only, so thank you and we haven't worked out the timer yet - every time we try we get sent back to the beginning and then we can't be bothered, but say "really must learn how to use this - oh we'll do it later"

nickbailey

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Leics
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Chieftain
Exp
since 2005
Just purchased our new Auto-Trail Dakota which has the new Truma CP Plus timer, heating and Water work manually but timer always fails, the fault code E255H or E89H comes on. Anyone any Ideas please.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Anyone any Ideas please.
@nickbailey

there was a post about this problem recently .. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/truma-c6-combi-with-cp-plus-problems.106257/

Quote:
When using the CP-Plus in the timer mode it fails about 30-40% of the time & you wake up to a cold van & no hot water.
When it fails the error is either E255H (no 12v to boiler) or E225H ( control lead fault) and occasionally E89H, when it fails there are no fault indications on the boiler LED's.
Contacted Truma and they said you have a 12v wiring fault take it to one of our agents, I had Premier Motorhomes look at it they said nothing wrong with wiring or connections, this I already knew as I had checked everything myself.

It appears to be a fairly common problem, my mates C6 in his Carthago is the same, search the web you will bring up the same problem on some caravan forums, search German Google you will find the same problem.

As Truma don't seem to want to talk to end users about can any of our trade members shed some light and hopefully tell me Truma are working on a software/firmware update for the CP-Plus.

nickbailey

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Leics
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Chieftain
Exp
since 2005
Thanks, I guess it back to Brownhills for them to sort out then. I hope it can be sorted out as I do intend to set timer so that heating etc comes on before getting up in the morning. Or is it another gimmick that can't perform basic functions. ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back