TRUMA long data cable replacement (1 Viewer)

smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I have recently diagnosed that my long data cable for my Truma combi6e is faulty.

I am not sure why a data cable suddenly stops working. It is not a moving part that wears out.
Anyway, that is what it is as my heater works when I put the short cable in.

I have a Dethleffs T7150 DBT, where the rotary controls are above the entrance door and somehow snake through the van to the Combi which sits under the rear fixed bed at the opposite side of the van.
I have a new 6M cable.
I have already been warned by someone, who did not give me much confidence that he knew what he was talking about, that I would be as well to reposition the controls closer to the appliance.
I am not sure about that.

So do you guys have any advice in how the cable is usually routed?

I see that it seems to go from the controls, through a small pipe box in the unit above the fridge and then seems to go down behind the fridge. So I hope I do not need to remove the fridge.
Is the cable routed outside and under the van at any point?

Thanks in advance,
Raymond.

OP
OP
smiffy64

smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
OK...getting somewhere.

The cable is routed through to the toilet, which in turn is routed through a corner unit in the bedroom. So not going outside and not going behind the fridge. Thank God(y)
Should be easier than I thought.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Before you replace the cable how old is the CP plus?
Early ones used to fall over on long cables, I had one (2014) that often fell over when the timer was set. Softwarere update cured it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
smiffy64

smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
The boiler is a 2012. Older design I think. The lights are totally dead. I plugged in the new cable and it is fine.
I have managed to pull it through the trickiest section at the toilet with a thread attached to pull the new one through.
I have had to remove some shelves to then in turn remove plastic cable conduits. So far so good. Going too good actually. Something is bound to go wrong.:cautious:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back