Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
hi all
Got this with our new van, and have set it up with Bluetooth fine, tried to set it up with a 3 PAYG sim, but could not activate the sim without a phone. We have iPhones, so takes a micro sim, whilst the Truma is a mini sim. Anyway have got a new Giffgaff sim, which I have activated online & put some credit on. Trouble is, now I can’t get the 3 sim out of the Truma! It’s quite near the top of the cupboard, so awkward to get to. I think I need to push down and it should pop up, but it doesn’t! Any ideas anyone?? Thanks

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think you may need to take it off the wall. I don't have one of these but think there are 4 screws (one each corner). there should be enough slack cable at the other end to turn it round so that you can see what's going on. If needs be, remove the two cables, noting which is which. One comes from the boiler and the other goes to your controller.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A campervan heater has a phone connection.

The world has gone mad.

"Man robbed in campervan. His heating switched to full heat and he left van to ring for help, it was then that the hacker, who had turned up the heating, stole the man's prize Rolex and his life savings".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stonemags76

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Exp
I think you may need to take it off the wall. I don't have one of these but think there are 4 screws (one each corner). there should be enough slack cable at the other end to turn it round so that you can see what's going on. If needs be, remove the two cables, noting which is which. One comes from the boiler and the other goes to your controller.
Yes, I think you are probably right! Will have a go in the next couple of days, when I’ve psyched myself up!

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Just watch those screws. One is almost bound to drop out while your hands are busy, bounce, and disappear for good down a crack in the floor!

D

Deleted member

Deleted User
I had a similar problem, but careful use of my wife’s tweezers did the trick. What is other people’s experience of the iNet system? I can use the Truma App with Bluetooth, although that’s a bit temperamental. I have to reconfigure the bluetooth connection everytime I pair my phone with another device. Establishing a connection is a bit hit & miss, requiring a reset of the system to default. However, I’ve not had any success at all with the remote SMS connection. It all seems to have set up properly but it just doesn’t work.

OP
OP
Stonemags76

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Exp
Took it off the wall today, and tried the eyebrow tweezers (my good one, with the fine tip!) to no avail! The sim just seems to be too far in - I can only just see it, & the slot is very narrow. I only know for sure it’s in there because the new one won’t go in! Going to email Truma to see if they can help. It’s not tragic, as I wouldn’t have paid for the system, but since it’s there, I’m frustrated at not being able to make it work! Humph!

D

Deleted member

Deleted User
On the Truma site, there is a FAQ section, it describes taking the cover off the iNet unit to retrieve SIM card - just make sure power is disconnected and avoid touching any of the electronic components. The SIM should be held against a spring, so it should spring out if you can give it a gentle prod with a suitable object.

OP
OP
Stonemags76

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Exp
Update - had to take the box apart to get the sim out, but at least it’s out! Truma were no help at all - just suggested tweezers! Apparently it takes an ordinary standard size SIM card! Why don’t they say that! Now the standard sim won’t stay in, and I don’t know if we’ve damaged something whilst getting the other one out. Will take it off the wall again and try and insert the sim when I can see what I’m doing, but I haven’t got the heart for it today! We probably won’t use it, but it’s annoying me now! Thanks for those that have tried to help. Remember- standard size SIM card, not mini sim!

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Good News and Bad News, then.
I can understand your frustration!
Hope you can get the SIM contacts to work when you can see what you're doing...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back