Free Member
Sep 21, 2021
Norwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2020
When turning on my truma 6 for heating I have to turn it 30c to get it to come on, it then becomes unbearably hot.Turning it down to 23c turns it off with no heating at all.What am I doing wrong? Water heating is fine.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Perhaps the thermostat is faulty it’s a little black button looking thing usuallly like ours above the door by the control panel🤔

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
When turning on my truma 6 for heating I have to turn it 30c to get it to come on, it then becomes unbearably hot.Turning it down to 23c turns it off with no heating at all.What am I doing wrong? Water heating is fine.
Are you EHU ?, If yes,and if 16Amp, once up to temp, turn the fuel mix over to elec2. That will hold it at a given temperature, however, you'll need to put it back onto gas to heat it higher if it gets to cold.
Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 22, 2018
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
S and L Apollo
Exp
Since 2018
Perhaps the ambient temperature in the van was 23 degrees. The heating is controlled by thermostat which won't activate until the ambient temperature drops below the temperature set. At this time of year our Truma 4 isn't necessary for heating the van, maybe because we have it well insulated, but when used it's very effective.

OP
OP
L

lofty20

Free Member
Sep 21, 2021
Norwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2020
Thanks for the info,I tried Bouncy Boats suggestion last night and it seems to have worked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Glad that helped as a workaround, however IRNBRU is correct, have a play with the offset settings to bespoke the sensor [ Black button like fixing above the had door ?] to your vans particulars.
If you don't have a manual it can be downloaded here
file:///C:/Users/Micheal/AppData/Local/Temp/truma-heating-cp-plus-operating-instructions-EN.pdf
The boilers are truly a minor miracle, and well worth getting to grips with to enhance your use of the van.
Good luck.
Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back