Tireecamper

Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 695
Exp
Hi,

Has anyone changed a gas valve on a Truma c6002 boiler? I have managed to remove the old one easily enough but can’t seem to see how you would get the fitting off the old onto the new one as there is a lip on the end of the pipe that goes into the coupling.

Any advice would be much appreciated....we live miles from any dealers etc so its a DIY job only!

Adam

OP
OP
T

Tireecamper

Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 695
Exp
I’ll try and get some tomorrow, cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Tireecamper

Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 695
Exp
Ive taken some pictures, hopefully it will make it slightly clearer. On looking at the gas valve again it appears as though there is some kind of olive on the pipe, which would make sense. Maybe I need to buy the whole connector piece for the new gas valve in order to fit it?

Again, any help much appreciated.
l9VHoLD+RM63XzD+pgBM8w.jpg
bAcQBULJTsiJn%WcEkvvYA.jpg
rsceZ%QyRTykFHIdEv4mHA.jpg
l9VHoLD+RM63XzD+pgBM8w.jpg
bAcQBULJTsiJn%WcEkvvYA.jpg
rsceZ%QyRTykFHIdEv4mHA.jpg

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
It looks like you should be able to chop the fitting off from behind and just use a new olive on the new gas valve. Is it 8mm pipe?

OP
OP
T

Tireecamper

Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 695
Exp
Hi Googleboy,

Yes its 8mm pipe. I got the new gas valve fitted but that hasn’t fixed the problem.

Does anyone know of any other part that maybe causing the boiler to not fire up? Thats the combustion fan and gas valve now replaced.

Any help much appreciated, really need to get some hot water in the motorhome!

Adam

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
has it got a window interlock fitted? an open window above the boiler will stop it firing up

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I am not familiar with that model.

Normally the gas valve will open and the igniter will spark, then the flame detection will keep the gas valve open when it detects heat.

If it sparks, lights then goes out, the flame detection is likely. If it doesn’t try and spark and won’t pass gas, it might be the PCB.

If it passes gas but no spark, then the electrode.

You can end up spending a fortune trying to replace parts.

An engineer might be cheaper?

OP
OP
T

Tireecamper

Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 695
Exp
Hi,

An engineer isn’t really an option as we live on an island in the hebrides.
Does anyone know of service centre that you could send the whole boiler to?

Cheers

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Most dealers will take in and repair it. That’s what they would do if they removed it from your van and bench repaired it anyway.

Sorry I can’t help more, it could be so many things that it’s really difficult to help.

OP
OP
T

Tireecamper

Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 695
Exp
Hi,

I will trawl the internet tomorrow and see if I can find a truma service agent who would be happy to receive the boiler by post.

Many thanks

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
What are the boiler flash codes on the PCB telling you? That will give you an idea of what’s wrong.
When you take the black cover off the PCB you will see a light flashing in long and short bursts read it carefully then google Truma flash codes you will find a list of the different codes.😊
<Broken link removed>

Sep 6, 2019
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Frontier
Exp
since 2015
Hi, what are the voltage readings at the boiler? Too many volts will make the 12v overload kick in, my solar controller was faulty causing the fridge/boiler not to work. Also the boiler is gas pressure sensitive, so if not enough pressure it won't work. Like spev says, what are the flash codes?

OP
OP
T

Tireecamper

Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 695
Exp
Hi,

I will try and have a look at the PCB and see what it is saying. Its an 18 year old boiler so hopefully it will be telling us something!

Many thanks as always

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Can you hear the boiler electrodes sparking when trying to ignite, you should hear a 'clicking' noise. Problem then is if they need adjusting, or the flame sensor requires cleaning it's a boiler out job.

OP
OP
T

Tireecamper

Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 695
Exp
Hi,

When I switch on the boiler, I can hear the fan starting up and getting up to speed. After this you can hear the gas valve open and the ignition clicking. Shortly after this the boiler shuts down, and the red light comes on at the control panel.
The reason I think it was a gas valve problem is that I had the fan replaced by a Truma agent. The boiler still didn’t work. He did a quick gas test, and there was no drop when the gas valve “opened”, he mentioned that it wasn’t making the normal sound. He lost interest in doing any further work, suddenly claiming to be busy!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back