Free Member
Aug 22, 2018
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f 2006
Exp
Since 2014
This is the small heater element which plugs into the frost control valve at one end & plugs into my Combi 6E at the other for it's power.
Does anyone know where I can buy one. I believe the Truma part number is: 70070-01.
Thanks George

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Staplehurst, Tonbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returning to MHoming after 11 years
Out of stock if you try and order. Been trying to get on myself. I messaged them and they do not know when in stock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
George Thomas

George Thomas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2018
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f 2006
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks Kups & Guyadria - I did find this on outdoor bits but out of stock. Also leisureshopdirect are awaiting stock. Will keep looking. Cheers.

OP
OP
George Thomas

George Thomas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2018
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f 2006
Exp
Since 2014
Hello all - have just received the Truma frost control heating element unfortunately no fitting instructions. Not really a problem as it’s obvious where the plug ins go but I can’t figure out where the supplied bracket is supposed to fit. Any ideas please. Thanks George.
FC0CC2AA-8E87-41A8-B0D9-53C3F4CBAB9C.jpeg

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Staplehurst, Tonbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returning to MHoming after 11 years
Any chance on letting on where you sourced it from? I still want one. I believe the Truma boiler has a specific connection point for the plug under the connection cover, and obviously the heater element slots into the frost control valve. I imagine the bracket is to keep it in an engaged. Guy

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Had one delivered the other day. Cant find the email where it came from, they are out there.

OP
OP
George Thomas

George Thomas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2018
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f 2006
Exp
Since 2014
Hello Guy - I’m sure will figure out the bracket. I purchased this from Leisureshopdirect (they were showing awaiting stock but also said when they were expecting stock in & have found them reliable so I ordered) only waited a week. All the best George

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just a point they only work while the heater is on so unless your frost valve is in a cold spot nowhere near the boiler there is not much point in fitting one.

OP
OP
George Thomas

George Thomas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2018
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f 2006
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Lenny thanks for your thought - we realise the heater will need power for this to work & our valve is away from the heater & in quite a cold locker. Our intended use is for when we are staying in the van & not wanting the heater to drain down. We would keep the heating on at a low setting say 10 (don’t want it too hot in bed) to stop other water bits from freezing. I think it’s important to plan how to use this addition as in effect you are disabling the heater frost protection - hopefully we have it right. All the best George.

slowcoach65

Free Member
Jan 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
A
Hello all - have just received the Truma frost control heating element unfortunately no fitting instructions. Not really a problem as it’s obvious where the plug ins go but I can’t figure out where the supplied bracket is supposed to fit. Any ideas please. Thanks George.View attachment 558778
Hi, I have a heating element but have yet to fit it. Any instructions or guidance would be great. Andy

OP
OP
George Thomas

George Thomas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2018
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f 2006
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Vanderek brilliant - I haven’t tried to insert the element yet but I now see the way I thought it would go was all wrong - seeing your image explains how the bracket fits. Many thanks & stay safe. George

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
I purchased mine some time ago from...
CONTACT INFORMATION
Whispaire Ltd.
Unit 53, Romsey Ind. Estate
Greatbridge Road,
Romsey,
Hants.
SO51 0HR​
Tel: 00 44 (0)1794 523999
Email:
info@whispaire.co.uk

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I have been in contact with the firm that Vanderek mentioned and can get one of these through them. Before I send for one, do they work? Last couple of nights we have lost all our fresh water through dumping by the frost protection valve. Have a few ideas that may help but considering this element as well. Thanks

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for your reply. We have sourced one but not ordered yet as have found that reason for frequency of water dump is that the air vent pipe which is meant to carry warm air past the valve has become disconnected so no warmth getting near at all. This is being fixed tomorrow so ordering of heater put on hold. Couple of questions please, does it just increase the temp at which water is dumped or is it just so you can fill sooner. Also presume the power to run it comes from battery. What needs to stay on in order for it to work. Thanks again

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thanks for your reply. We have sourced one but not ordered yet as have found that reason for frequency of water dump is that the air vent pipe which is meant to carry warm air past the valve has become disconnected so no warmth getting near at all. This is being fixed tomorrow so ordering of heater put on hold. Couple of questions please, does it just increase the temp at which water is dumped or is it just so you can fill sooner. Also presume the power to run it comes from battery. What needs to stay on in order for it to work. Thanks again
It plugs into the PCB on the Combi I'm fairly certain the heater has to be running either for heat or hot water for it to heat the valve.

Feb 14, 2009
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
It needs to have the control turned on..ie just the display...the heating or water heating does not need to be on....it runs on 12 volt at 0.4 amp and supplies the element with enough to warm it up to 10°c ...prevents the valve from dumping. (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
It needs to have the control turned on..ie just the display...the heating or water heating does not need to be on....it runs on 12 volt at 0.4 amp and supplies the element with enough to warm it up to 10°c ...prevents the valve from dumping. (y)
That sounds a bit dodgy as the display is always on as they are normally wired to a permanent supply so it will stop the boiler dumping when the van is freezing. Not much point in fitting one if that's the case.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Vanderek & Lenny HB . Sorry for being a bit thick but still confused as to when it is turned on or off. Do you have to turn the Truma system off completely in order for it to be inactive. I am thinking in terms of what to do when our van is parked up at home. We keep it on EHU but don't use the Truma heater only a small oil filled radiator to air the van. We don't usually drain the water down as use it in the winter and accept that if it has been very cold then the water will have been dumped by the valve. If one of these heater elements was to be fitted I presume I would have to make sure the Truma was switched off completely while we are not using the van so the frost valve can do its bit. I see its main use as being when we are away in the van and temperatures drop. We would keep some heating on but the heater element would be a back up to stop the water being dumped. Would doing this be a safe option. Thanks

Feb 14, 2009
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
As far as I understand, when you turn on the Truma control panel it supplies 12v to the circuit, this would keep the element active, ( the heater and water can be off.)

The following from Truma shows the element operates to 7 deg. The text indicates once the temp drops below 3 deg it dumps, unless you have the frost control fitted and active

So you could park at a supermarket and if the temperature drops to less than three deg you could loose your water, but if the frost control element is fitted and the Truma control panel is simply turned on ,and your 12 v electrics on too, then you have the element active.

From the manual......
At temperatures of less than
approx. 3 °C the FrostControl
opens automatically / without heater op-
eration the FrostControl can-
not be closed again until the
temperature reaches approx.
7 °C / use heating element for
FrostControl

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you so much for that. Appreciate your help. I think that’s sort of how I was thinking. Looks like one for us.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
OK
As far as I understand, when you turn on the Truma control panel it supplies 12v to the circuit, this would keep the element active, ( the heater and water can be off.)
But the CP-Plus controller is perminantly on so if you had a cold snap it wouldn't dump.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
What is the CP-Plus controller please. Surely there should be a way of turning the heater off. Don’t want to get something if it may cause damage but equally would rather the water not disappear overnight! Luckily we always fill the kettle before bed👍

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks. I think I am probably overthinking all this. Grateful for your input.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back