Truma fault code. (1 Viewer)

Jul 22, 2020
Newent, UK
Funster No
MH
Etrusco T6900
Exp
changing a load of things again
Well just wired up my new Truma 4e. 12v and 240 connected the temp sensor and control panel 12v. I have a few problems/ questions, probably my fault.
  1. fault W621 H "temp sensor error"
  2. it shows a picture of a plug on the bottom RH the book says Mains available. but no small electric sign on the top menu
  3. the picture of a plug does not go off even when I un hook the 240 to the van
I have checked the Temp sensor and its working within the stated omes, I have also checked the continuity of the cable and that's fine too.
I have swapped the temp wires around just in case
Tried to do a reset but just say there INT......... for over 20 mins, it was getting to cold so I called it a day

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Billy

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Well just wired up my new Truma 4e. 12v and 240 connected the temp sensor and control panel 12v. I have a few problems/ questions, probably my fault.
  1. fault W621 H "temp sensor error"
  2. it shows a picture of a plug on the bottom RH the book says Mains available. but no small electric sign on the top menu
  3. the picture of a plug does not go off even when I un hook the 240 to the van
I have checked the Temp sensor and its working within the stated omes, I have also checked the continuity of the cable and that's fine too.
I have swapped the temp wires around just in case
Tried to do a reset but just say there INT......... for over 20 mins, it was getting to cold so I called it a day

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Billy
#621Room temperature sensor or cable faultyInspect the room temperature sensor cable, replace if faulty

Check the resistance of the room temperature sensor.
15 °C – 16.2 kOhm / 20 °C – 12,6 kOhm / 25 °C – 10.0 kOhm
Replace room temperature sensor if faulty

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The mains sign should go out with no 240v connected.
I would disconnect 12v from the boiler and the CP+ panel. Bare in mind the panel has its own supply of 12v and may be seperate from the boilers 12v supply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
There is a soft controller reset by pressing the flashing exclamation mark symbol until it stops flashing.
Once reset try restarting.
There is a letter box sized plastic cover on the boiler itself.
Under the cover there may be a tiny flashing red light.
By the tiny red light is a micro reset button { size of a pin head }
Press the micro reset switch and the flashing red light should turn green.
{ hard reset }
Make sure your boiler has good ventilation around it.
Make sure you have a good 12V battery and the supply wires to the board are adequately sized to avoid voltage drop.

OP
OP
Billy192
Jul 22, 2020
Newent, UK
Funster No
MH
Etrusco T6900
Exp
#621Room temperature sensor or cable faultyInspect the room temperature sensor cable, replace if faulty

Check the resistance of the room temperature sensor.
15 °C – 16.2 kOhm / 20 °C – 12,6 kOhm / 25 °C – 10.0 kOhm
Replace room temperature sensor if faulty

Thanks,
as I mentioned I have check the sensor and is working fine and the cable is good also.

OP
OP
Billy192
Jul 22, 2020
Newent, UK
Funster No
MH
Etrusco T6900
Exp
The mains sign should go out with no 240v connected.
I would disconnect 12v from the boiler and the CP+ panel. Bare in mind the panel has its own supply of 12v and may be seperate from the boilers 12v supply
Thanks,
Correct it is separate one 12v feed to the boiler and one with a 1amp fuse to the CP. I have disconnected both but no change.
Billy

OP
OP
Billy192
Jul 22, 2020
Newent, UK
Funster No
MH
Etrusco T6900
Exp
There is a soft controller reset by pressing the flashing exclamation mark symbol until it stops flashing.
Once reset try restarting.
There is a letter box sized plastic cover on the boiler itself.
Under the cover there may be a tiny flashing red light.
By the tiny red light is a micro reset button { size of a pin head }
Press the micro reset switch and the flashing red light should turn green.
{ hard reset }
Make sure your boiler has good ventilation around it.
Make sure you have a good 12V battery and the supply wires to the board are adequately sized to avoid voltage drop.
Thanks CM,
I will try this tomorrow, sounds like a good re-set. Batt is fine and wires are the ones recommend by Greg Virgoe on his install on utube.

I am hoping I can run on 240 (hook up) with just hot air running as I have not fitted the gas tank yet nor the water supply. plenty of ventilation not boxed in yet

IMG_2159.jpg

Billy

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
IIRC you can run the heating with the thermostat disconnected in case that is the actual fault. Try resetting after you have disconnected the stat.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Check your leisure battery has enough power. And after that if you have a multi meter check 12v at the boiler and the panel. The panel wont reset if the boiler has no 12v.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Forte
Exp
10years
Hope this is not a silly question but have you done the PR SET procedure. I have a 4e and upgrading from the classic controls to the CP Plus and I think I had the same error as you until I did PR SET. It does a search for the specific bits that are connected. Different to a RESET procedure but in the sma emenu I think

Truma manual linky

OP
OP
Billy192
Jul 22, 2020
Newent, UK
Funster No
MH
Etrusco T6900
Exp
Check your leisure battery has enough power. And after that if you have a multi meter check 12v at the boiler and the panel. The panel wont reset if the boiler has no 12v.
thanks Jezport,

12.68v at the combi

billy

OP
OP
Billy192
Jul 22, 2020
Newent, UK
Funster No
MH
Etrusco T6900
Exp
Hope this is not a silly question but have you done the PR SET procedure. I have a 4e and upgrading from the classic controls to the CP Plus and I think I had the same error as you until I did PR SET. It does a search for the specific bits that are connected. Different to a RESET procedure but in the sma emenu I think

Truma manual linky
Hi insider, as i said in the original post

i do think i have fixed it

billy

OP
OP
Billy192
Jul 22, 2020
Newent, UK
Funster No
MH
Etrusco T6900
Exp
All done working great, although I thought it would heat the van a bit quicker but hey its only 2 degrees.:whistle:

I checked the fuses (Both) 12v 10AMP and 230 10 AMP all good.
tried to re set again and again, but it would just sit at INI.........waited over an hour. got the multi meter out
12.7 at the boiler
234 at the live fused spur (truma side)
the resistance on the temp sensor is spot on
the lead has no brakes in. mmmmm the only thing i have not checked is the lead that runs from the boiler to the CP.

It turned out to be the 10m comms lead. (ebay special) swapped back to the original and boommm re set works and i am able to clear all faults by pressing the little button with the red. yellow and green lights.

so now I had to re route the new cable up and over which is the shortest run. I had the 10m one run down one side and back up to the mid van where my control panel will be. so out with the lights and Maxx fan shroud to access under the ceiling boards. A good bit of work but all buttoned up and working.

one question does the Truma CP just flash between time and set temp. Does it not tell you the actual temp in the van?

thanks for all the suggestions

Billy

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back