Truma error code E89H (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Hi all. Away at moment and above code has come up on control panel, so no heating or hot water (do have a separate heater though). Sure it’s been raised before but can anyone please tell what it denotes. Naturally it’s waited till it’s out of warranty. Second question, could anyone recommend a truma service agent around Newbury West Berkshire area. Thanks

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
AlanS - 2016-12-26 7:24 PM

This code relates to :-

E 89 or (Flash codes) s,l,s,l,l,s,s,l

Error: Monitoring the current of the Combustion Air Motor
Error Information: Electronics fault
Combustion air motor fault
First Action: Replace electronic PCB
Second Action: Replace combustion air motor

As per the Truma codes guide

Alan

Looking at it further, if you have a CP+ control panel it seems more likely that you have a software problem and the controller needs a software update. As Derek has said many owners have had the same problem.

Found this on Google. I don't know if it is of any use to you.

OP
OP
solaris
May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks for reply. Back home now so will check further. Also waiting for call back from dealer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
solaris
May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Mike.
bit of a saga. SMC checked it and confirmed that I need a new combustion chamber fan motor, but they reckoned it was covered by warranty and were in touch with truma.. 2.5 weeks later ( last week) they contacted me to say it’s not covered, van is 2 years 9 months old. Wanted me to send a photo of serial number, they replied next day that they have the part on the shelf and it’s booked for 17 June.
when code first came up unit was completely dead but after SMC visit they cleared code and I discovered I could get hot water when hooked to mains. From that I assume that the fan motor is only to do with heating. Against that I’ve been told it wouldn’t heat water on gas, but haven’t risked trying. If anyone reading this can shed light I’d be grateful. Other things I’ve discovered is that manufacturers seem to put units in the most inaccessible places, truma say there is no problem with spares, most truma service agents are main dealers and there are some brave souls out there who are completely happy and able to take the thing apart themselves... oh and it’s expensive

Mike Ferguson

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Bristol
Funster No
MH
2019 Adria Twin 640
Exp
Since December 2017
I had the same error code. I pressed the overheating reset button. I removed the printed circuit board and checked it for any obvious faults, including the fuse. Couldn't see any issues so put it back in again and plugged in all the cables. I hoovered some dust out from the fans and gently tapped the side of the fan motor. There is a you tube video suggesting that gentle tapping in this area can remove any carbon build up. I disconnected the leisure batteries for half an hour then reconnected. Now the boiler works perfectly with no error codes. Fingers crossed that it stays this way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
solaris
May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Glad you have resolved the problem. Also saw the you tube video and the toffee hammer solution. Booked to have a new motor fitted next Thursday, so hopefully will also be up and running soon. Wonder if I will be offered the old motor?

OP
OP
solaris
May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Dealer fitted a combustion air motor kit. According to internet it includes a printed circuit board as well as fan & motor. Looks like the bits Mike checked. Seems to be working ok. Don’t know if it’s because I have had a problem and am being more aware but there does seem to be a lot of problems being flagged up regarding boilers and fridges. Wonder if our enforced inactivity and lack of use is resulting in more of these problems

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back