Truma error code E512 H help needed. (2 Viewers)

Greekstylegaz

Free Member
May 23, 2020
Falkirk
Funster No
MH
Bailey Phoenix 650
Exp
Since 2014
Hi I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this error code.

I have a truma combi 2e uk which is only 8 months old.

2 days ago I turned the gas on and had the heating on for a good 2 hours, no issues at all.
I went back in yesterday and hooked up the electrics to make sure it worked on that but it didnt.
As soon as i turn on the heating it starts blowing but then I get error code E512 H.
It still blows and continues to blow but will no longer get hot.
I've tried everything the internet has to offer to no avail.
I cant get Truma because they're closed and my dealer is closed to due to you know what.
Hopefully someone here can help me out.
Thanks in advance.
Stay Safe

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
This code has been talked about on here before I think it involved pressing a brown reset button on the boiler itself ,try using the search facility .hope you get it sorted ?
Just tried the search facility myself ,put in Truma E512H and up it comes good luck

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greekstylegaz

Greekstylegaz

Free Member
May 23, 2020
Falkirk
Funster No
MH
Bailey Phoenix 650
Exp
Since 2014
Hi thanks for the reply. I've tried all the stuff in the other posts to no avail. I was hoping some new stuff may have come to light since then. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Going completely from memory here of about 3 years ago.

You havent opened the window which has a safety cut out have you ?

If you have and it is now closed it is possible the switch has fallen onto the ground. Can be checked by using finger to push in the switch and can be butchered by use of a matchstick

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Have you followed the info here?

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Do you have settings E1 and E2? If so try putting it onto E1 and see what happens.

Upvote 0

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Patience can be a virtue dealing with Trauma (yes that is how they should have spelt it ;) ) There can be a delayed reset period, 15 minute or so, after some faults are cleared. Probably a safety thing. But if you play with the buttons in the meantime the timer restarts. So check everything, as the instructions, go for a walk or make some tea, then come back to it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greekstylegaz

Greekstylegaz

Free Member
May 23, 2020
Falkirk
Funster No
MH
Bailey Phoenix 650
Exp
Since 2014
Going completely from memory here of about 3 years ago.

You havent opened the window which has a safety cut out have you ?

If you have and it is now closed it is possible the switch has fallen onto the ground. Can be checked by using finger to push in the switch and can be butchered by use of a matchstick
Hi thanks for replying, I'm not sure what window you mean? Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greekstylegaz

Greekstylegaz

Free Member
May 23, 2020
Falkirk
Funster No
MH
Bailey Phoenix 650
Exp
Since 2014
Do you have settings E1 and E2? If so try putting it onto E1 and see what happens.
Hi thanks for the reply, I've tried it on both those settings but both the same. Thanks

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi thanks for replying, I'm not sure what window you mean? Thanks
From memory your caravan has the Truma heater under the offside front seat and there's a window (lounge or kitchen?) above it. If it is it's as Sandra has just said, a safety switch so the exhaust fumes don't get into the caravan.

ps you're only allowed 5 free posts so you'll have to pay subscription to post again. It's only ÂŁ15 \ annum and well worth the advice you'll get.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greekstylegaz

Greekstylegaz

Free Member
May 23, 2020
Falkirk
Funster No
MH
Bailey Phoenix 650
Exp
Since 2014
Have you followed the info here?
Hi thanks for the reply, yeah tried all that in there. Thanks
From memory your caravan has the Truma heater under the offside front seat and there's a window (lounge or kitchen?) above it. If it is it's as Sandra has just said, a safety switch so the exhaust fumes don't get into the caravan.

ps you're only allowed 5 free posts so you'll have to pay subscription to post again. It's only ÂŁ15 \ annum and well worth the advice you'll get.
Hi thanks for the reply and info, I've just signed up for subscription, it's gotten me further in half a day than the previous 2 days ha so happy to become a member. There is a lounge window above the outside vent and the truma is indeed under the front offside seat but I csmt for the life of me see a switch, any idea on its location or what it looks like? Thanks

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

Hi thanks for the reply and info, I've just signed up for subscription, it's gotten me further in half a day than the previous 2 days ha so happy to become a member. There is a lounge window above the outside vent and the truma is indeed under the front offside seat but I csmt for the life of me see a switch, any idea on its location or what it looks like? Thanks
Open the window, extend it out. then poke your head underneath the open window and look alongside the rubber seal somewhere there is a switch, with a protruding bit that would make a contact if the window were closed. My protruding bit fell out.
If you have opened your window since it last worked then this is a possibility.
Wife seems to think it this code for it as well.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greekstylegaz

Greekstylegaz

Free Member
May 23, 2020
Falkirk
Funster No
MH
Bailey Phoenix 650
Exp
Since 2014
Ok great thanks for that il go have a look. Funnily enough the kids were in there after it had been working and were very hot so they went round opening all the windows. I will report back soon. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Have a look at attached pdf.
It might look like this
1590335905345.png

Attachments

• 70020_00500.pdf
    143.1 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greekstylegaz

Greekstylegaz

Free Member
May 23, 2020
Falkirk
Funster No
MH
Bailey Phoenix 650
Exp
Since 2014
I will go back out after dinner but so far I cannot see any switch or any holes where a switch might have been. Il go round all windows next. Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greekstylegaz

Greekstylegaz

Free Member
May 23, 2020
Falkirk
Funster No
MH
Bailey Phoenix 650
Exp
Since 2014
Ok so been round every window cant find a switch anywhere. I disconnected the electricity and the leisure battery. I then took the panel off that the controller is mounted to but couldn't see any cable's coming from there towards the window or otherwise. I took out every plug gave them a blow and reconnected, did the same on the action boiler. Put it all back together and connected the electricity up. Turned it on to a different error W255 or something like that but that quickly disappeared by itself and noticed the lights on boiler flashing amber and a red every so often like it has been doing over last few days. Held the brown reset button on the boiler for a few seconds to reset it(I've tried this about 100 times over the last few days to no avail) and hey presto it clicked and the lights went solid green and its working! Had it on for an hour hassle free.
The only difference this time was that I hadn't connected the leisure battery back up yet so I'm assuming it's been connected to this all along?
I had the battery on a trickle charger and it's at full strength. Anyway I've reconnected it and it's still working. I'm still puzzled by it.
Not ideal if we are away and if happens but if it does first port of call will be to disconnect the 12v.
I will test it on and gas tomo and report back. Information is power right ha.
Trauma indeed!
Thanks for all your help couldn't have done it without yous.
Much appreciated.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Well done and it's great you came back and updated! (y)
It's maybe just had a wee hissy fit to itself and hopefully now back talking to you.:giggle:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back