Feb 21, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Rapido 963F
Exp
Off and on for a few yrs
There's some elements going about half price here,

you may need to ask which boiler they fit..
You still need the gaskets though, i'm having problems getting them from truma.......
they seem a bit putof ish....

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
There's some elements going about half price here,

you may need to ask which boiler they fit..
You still need the gaskets though, i'm having problems getting them from truma.......
they seem a bit putof ish....
Sounds a sensible seller too. Bet he would be able to sell way more than the 14 pairs he has listed. (y)

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Just had the elements fail on my Truman 6E, I also had a gas fault where the boiler would sometimes shut down after ten minutes on heating . Always ok on gas water heating.
I had the boiler removed by local mobile caravan engineer with a view to sending it to Truma at Burton on Trent , rang Truma but they are not doing repairs untill February next year , suggested I send it to local caravan centre who were fully trained to undertake repairs.
Took boiler to local repair centre and they inspected it and informed me it required 2 PCB boards , new elements,combi heat rod kit and burner pot.
Parts £1041.19
Labour 4 hours £93.00 per hour
Total £1453.19
I refused the repairs and paid the very reasonable £40 inspection fee.
I have managed to acquire a new Truma 6E at a lot less than the repair charge and the local mobile caravan engineer only charged me £40 to remove boiler and £40 to fit the new one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
The company I bought the new one off took it in part exchange ( glad to see the back of it to be honest).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back