Truma E512H error code (2 Viewers)

Jan 18, 2014
Wimborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
5 years. several more as a caravanner
Truma CP plus (2019) coming up with error code E512H on both heating & water. Have left 15+ mins and tried resetting. No such code in handbook. Anybody any experience on this code/ fault. Thanks.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Hope this helps

Fault No.: 0512
Flashing code: ls ssss ssss
Fault description: Air temperature switch opened during operation due to overheating
1. Action: - Check heat exchanger for overheating damage
- Check water container for frost damage
- Check / replace temperature cable harness
2. Action: - Check circulating air system for blockage
- Check / replace circulating air motor

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
I am sure this one came up for me and took a lot of time/searching to figure it out. If it is what I had this happened when the Truma tried to start but there was no gas. After many many attempts to re set from the Truma Control panel I also tried to reset from the reset button on the Truma unit itself but had no luck.

I then found that to actually re-set the Heater properly you have to hold in the re-set button for 3-5 seconds maybe more maybe less I can't quite remember, until the green light flashes. This is the re-set button on the heater itself and not the control panel. The heater then fires up as usual. Just make sure the gas is on first.

I have had it happen twice now but only after trying to start up without the gas on. Not sure it's related to your problem but hope it helps?

I'll try and find a picture....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Hope this helps

Fault No.: 0512
Flashing code: ls ssss ssss
Fault description: Air temperature switch opened during operation due to overheating
1. Action: - Check heat exchanger for overheating damage
- Check water container for frost damage
- Check / replace temperature cable harness
2. Action: - Check circulating air system for blockage
- Check / replace circulating air motor

This is what I kept finding but was not the problem so became very frustrating....non of them fault descriptions were evident when my unit wouldn't start but had the same error code. Wierd!!!

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Anyway picture of reset button just in case it's not known...

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

OP
OP
kenhaus
Jan 18, 2014
Wimborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
5 years. several more as a caravanner
Had found the reset lights...your photo showed that teeny tiny brown button hidden under it! Pressing it gets an amber and a red flashing to add to the flashing green. Has fired up now for 10 minutes without going into default. All 3 coloured lights on but not flashing...don't know what is normal. Will give Truma a ring tomorrow and see if they have any clues..is still under warranty...thanks for the info. Hopefully be able to watch Top Gear in the warmth later without breaking out the emergency electric fan. Thanks Kenaus ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back