Truma DuoControl confusion (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Having a bad hair brain day. Have 2 x 11kg gas low system connected with a DuoControl Cs 0080 gismo in the gas locker. Inside we have a DuoC Remote indicator.
No problem with it at all except just going to fit a Truma gas level under one of the cylinders and assumed the left hand cylinder was the 'operating' one.
However noticed the green knob was pointing to the right cylinder 'reserve - (with the writing upside down). Questions: 1. does it matter which is the operating cylinder or the reserve?Q 2Does it automatically takes LPG from the other tank when one is finished. Q3. does it also automatically turn the knob to whichever tank it is now using (I haven't ever turned it. Q4 how does this relate to the remote indicator inside? Q5. confused about the remote indicator as I thought it pulled more gas in the winter for heating so I use the top button winter and summer the bottom OR as the Truma video suggested it is related to the bottle status - green light full, red empty. It all works fine so not critical and I am sure all will be come clear in the morning but it would be useful to know. Thank you in anticipation of feedback different to Vaccines!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 14.47.00.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 14.47.00.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 14.45.34.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 14.45.34.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 54

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The knob allows you to set which cylinder is the primary cylinder.
No it does not turn it's self.
The regulator will automatically switch to the other cylinder when the primary is empty.

The upper position on the remote switch is for the regulator heater you only really need it in very low temperatures probably below -10, I've never used it. I leave my switch in the down position permanently.
Green LED - running on primary cylinder.
Red LED - changed over to reserve cylinder.

If you have the Duo C remote a level gauge is pointless.

OP
OP
pandas
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
The knob allows you to set which cylinder is the primary cylinder.
No it does not turn it's self.
The regulator will automatically switch to the other cylinder when the primary is empty.

The upper position on the remote switch is for the regulator heater you only really need it in very low temperatures probably below -10, I've never used it. I leave my switch in the down position permanently.
Green LED - running on primary cylinder.
Red LED - changed over to reserve cylinder.

If you have the Duo C remote a level gauge is pointless.
Doesn’t the remote just indicate full or empty (green or red) rather than how much is left?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Doesn’t the remote just indicate full or empty (green or red) rather than how much is left?
It shows when the cylinders have changed over, so you know you have a couple of weeks to fill up. I don't see any need to know how much gas is in each cylinder. I know a 14kg cylinder lasts me about 15 days providing it's not too cold.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Q1 No. You can declare either cylinder to be ‘Master’ or ‘Slave’. Check that the hoses actually go to the cylinder on the same side. The arrow points to the hose rather than the cylinder.

Q2 Yes. Changeover is automatic, as long as the ‘slave’ is switched on (valve open).

Q3 No. The ‘Slave’ will be topped up again when you re-fill, so there’s no need to rotate the knob in your case. The knob is for those who use non-refillable cylinders and need to empty each one fully before replacement.

Q4 The inside indicator will be green whilst gas remains in the cylinder nominated as ‘Master’. It will turn red when the ‘Master’ is depleted.

Q5 The ‘Winter’ switch (amber lamp) heats the regulator to stop ice from disturbing its operation.

Use the level indicator on the ‘Slave’ cylinder. Then start to watch the level only after the internal light turns red as the ‘Slave’ will be full until then. Leave the centre knob pointing to the hose going to the ‘Master’ cylinder. Re-fill at any convenient time but before the level indicator says you must.

OP
OP
pandas
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Thank you all for a very clear explanation. My brain is better today so I realised the 'winter' up position of the remote switch was related to extreme conditions and now have the rest sorted. Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back