Truma Duocontrol Auto changeover regulator issues (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Whilst away I had the good fortune to be pitched next to a retired AC engineer who also was a qualified LPG engineer. When he saw my Truma Duo he said dump it! It will fail inevitably, maybe 6 months maybe a year or 2 but its design is faulty, an internal gasket is made of the wrong material and it will therefore fail. Now I am back I have spoken to Gasit and they confirmed the same. This is wired back to my N+B main control panel to flash when the auto change over occurs as well as the management of the freeze control.
I am looking for a replacement which will be a straight swap and connect the electrical side too. Has anyone changed theirs?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't think there is any alternative. I think the problem was only with the earlier ones so providing it's not more than a few years old it should be OK.
I carry a bottle top regulator and hose that will allow me to bypass the Truma in an emergency.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I carry a bottle top regulator and hose that will allow me to bypass the Truma in an emergency.

Would that work with refillable bottles?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Would that work with refillable bottles?
Yes, they use the standard German outlet which is the same thread as UK butane bottle, however I would recommend getting a German regulator or you may have trouble getting a gas tight seal. I recently gave up using Gas-it gas filters as I kept getting leaks.

This is what I carry.

IMG_20161115_173205.jpg

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Had a chat to Truma today and was told that the problem was not the gasket material but the fact that they manufacture their regulators to tighter tolerances and you have to have their filters fitted when the regulator was new to get their warranty which fortunately mine was. It would seem that this problem goes back to 2004. I am a little more relaxed now but will get a spare regulator as Lenny has so I have a back up. Gasit do a dual one for £47 or so which looks the answer. Stash it in the gas locker and hope I never have to swap it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back