Truma duoControCS regulator gas leak (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Had a steady whiff of gas in gas bottle compartment last week.
Tested all connections on Gaslow system yesterday with leak spray to no avail but a hand held 'electric gas sniffer' sets off when placed at the upper rear of the regulator indicating a leak.

I have raised this as a warranty issue with the dealer who is currently sourcing a replacement in the event it has failed (less than 2yrs old :oops: )

Just wondering if any other Funsters have had similar problems and if so, what was the outcome ?

Many ta's

Antique

OP
OP
Antique
Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Just a quick update

The regulator had indeed failed causing a leak and was not gummed up due to iffy lpg. It was replaced under warranty.

Think I may still fit a couple of filters though.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
My filter does intercept some condensates and I think it is well worth having. On my setup there is only a small down hill run on the pipe back to the cylinder, which doesn’t help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I'm afraid that, after having two Truma securemotion regulators fail, I no longer am prepared to trust Truma regulators and have switched to Cavagna regulators, including carrying a spare in the van. Good luck with your Truma though.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not had one leak or gum up but had one changed under warranty over 18 months ago. The indicator that operates the C Remote was sticking so you didn't get the remote indication inside the van that the bottles had changed over.
I fitted filters and now the replacement is doing the same, hopefully it is just the pin sticking so I will try a spray of silicon on it. Not paying £200 for a new regulator.

M J

Oct 4, 2016
Wiltshire UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 2014
Had the same last year and found a small leak at the back of the Truma duoControCS regulator. Truma were extremely helpful and sent a replacement to Becks who replaced it.
I was told the hole is a pressure balance ?
Fine since but I did fit two filters having read about refillable gas contamination.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ebby

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
Over the course of a few months all of my gas appliances have stopped working due to no gas getting through to them.Im presuming it is the Truma DuoComfort not working, my question is can it be serviced or do I need a replacement.This problem seemed to start when I used French Butane which gave off really bad fumes .Thanks for any advice.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Over the course of a few months all of my gas appliances have stopped working due to no gas getting through to them.Im presuming it is the Truma DuoComfort not working, my question is can it be serviced or do I need a replacement.This problem seemed to start when I used French Butane which gave off really bad fumes .Thanks for any advice.
No they can't be serviced.
I've heard a few stories about French LPG having a lot of oily residues and fridges sooting up with it and our Belgium dealer told us not to fill up in France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back