Truma 'Drifesafe' regulator for en-route operation (1 Viewer)

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Could anybody enlighten me on this and how would i know if i have this fitted.

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
So this means we could drive with the gas turned on safely?Surely not with the fire on ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
yes, thats the idea as in an impact the gas valve will be closed automatically.

problem may be with any pilot light being blown out by backdraft into the flue etc but the gas to the appliance would be cut off by the thermocouple if the pilot went out anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Yeah, i was thinking about the draft thing.I cant think why you would want the fire on whilst driving.The cab heaters take the chill off don't they.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I drive with my gas fire on when its very cold,it's a truma and according to the manufacturer is safe to do so! It's never blown out yet Infact Mrs Vlad can often give out more gas than the fire!Dont think they make a regulator big enough for that canister.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vlad

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we had the secumotion regulator on our van, but had so much trouble with it I took it off and fitted a standard regulator, they are oversensitive we found using auto / lpg gas they might be ok if your running 100% propane.
If you look at the link picture you will see the hose, and these must be fitted as they have a cut off valve along with with the regulator. :Smile: Bob.

http://www.thetrumacentre.co.uk/mag...-secumotion-drive-safe-gas-regulator-8mm.html

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Like Bob and Jane, I dumped the Truma drivesafe thing..
Damned glad I did too.. I fitted a Gaslow regulator in its place ( noooo... I have got AluGas but that is neither here nor there :Smile: ) and the gas delivery has been far and away better ( mainly cos the Truma reg :

a) gets blocked or shuts off at the drop of a hat if you use lpg

b) Truma units are set to 32mB and the Gaslow to 38mB

Did the swap on the advice of a local motorhome supplier and workshop place some two years ago and it was excellent advice ::bigsmile::thumb:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I looked into the drive safe thingy but after talking to various people made an informed decision to use my heater on the move without one.In reality the chain of events that COULD lead to disaster,are about as likely to happen ,as Halle Berry coming round to my house kicking mrs Vlad out and using me as her sex slave.
Now my kids sit there nice and warm(and I think about buying one and living in hope)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vlad

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have had a Secumotion, using Autogas, for some years and it has never given problems. Only rarely have the heating on while travelling, but often do have the water heating on. It's handy for washing up after a stop.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Have been thinking about carrying a spare regulator in case the Truma one fitted dies as I don't want to either be stranded with no gas working or have to pay some inflated price to get one in an emergency.
So while shopping round for a bargain I came accross these.

http://www.gasit.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=273

The warranty looks impressive?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back