Truma Dou Control CS pros and cons (1 Viewer)

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
As title. What are the pros, but especially cons of using one of these together with 2 P11's?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had the Duo Control CS with EisEx & C remote in the last 2 vans with 2 x 14kg bottles. Love it, I wouldn't have it without the C remote.
Great for us when the red light comes on I know I have a couple of weeks to fill up (in summer), never used the EisEx so far, I try to avoid cold.
Apart from the slight risk of the Truma valve gumming up no other cons.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Had the Duo Control CS with EisEx & C remote in the last 2 vans with 2 x 14kg bottles. Love it, I wouldn't have it without the C remote.
Great for us when the red light comes on I know I have a couple of weeks to fill up (in summer), never used the EisEx so far, I try to avoid cold.
Apart from the slight risk of the Truma valve gumming up no other cons.
We have the same on our Hymer and it's great never worry about running out as when red light on just refill when we can and like LennyHB never used the heaters even when at the top of Sweden this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
Thanks for your quick replies.

My thoughts are to replace the current Mono control with the Duo Control and two Gas Filters, one to each bottle. As far as I an see, this will mean raising its position from where the current one is. Its a bit low and doing it this way may possibly give space issues regarding bottles to filter.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks for your quick replies.

My thoughts are to replace the current Mono control with the Duo Control and two Gas Filters, one to each bottle. As far as I an see, this will mean raising its position from where the current one is. Its a bit low and doing it this way may possibly give space issues regarding bottles to filter.
What filters are you thinking of? I had the Gas-it ones on the last van, useless did nothing. I kept getting leaks from the connections took them off after a year when I opened them the filters look like nothing had ever passed through them. With the price of the Truma filters might as well just carry a spare regulator. I carry a spare bottle top regulator and a hose that allows me to connect it into the system after the Truma, so far never needed it.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Our regulator is fixed to the ceiling of the gas locker which I like as there can be no sludge problems with regulator. Don't have any filters fitted.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
What filters are you thinking of? I had the Gas-it ones on the last van, useless did nothing. I kept getting leaks from the connections took them off after a year when I opened them the filters look like nothing had ever passed through them. With the price of the Truma filters might as well just carry a spare regulator. I carry a spare bottle top regulator and a hose that allows me to connect it into the system after the Truma, so far never needed it.

The Truma ones. I've already had problems with dirty gas, so want to avoid them in the future. The thing that does put me off the filters is the price. They are way too expensive for what they are.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back