Free Member
Feb 6, 2015
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
RV Hi Top
Exp
6 Years
Hi I am new to Motorhome Fun I wonder if any one can help we have 2 year old Chausson we have not been able to use it a lot it has only done 4000.miles we took it out last week end and found that there was no display on the Truma CP Plus control panel and could not get it to work we phoned Highbridge its out of warranty and they want it for a week and its a long way from us we live in Bridgend South Wales does anyone know of a Truma engineer local to us

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Can I take it that you have had it working in the past? If so then it cannot be operator error and may well be a fuse. Check that all 12v lights and appliances etc work in your MH as the CP Panel may be connected to any line in. If you haven't used it before, have you got a manual for it? You need the 12v panel on and press and hold the centre wheel until the unit comes on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No display suggests no power, it will normally powered from a perminatly live supply. If you take the unit out it is held in by a screw under the knob, there will be a small terminal block behind it with a fuse.
Check it out to make sure you have 12volts there.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
our CP plus is permanently live on the habitation circuit, wired through the Elektroblock - so there is a fuse for the CP on the EBL - have you checked all the EBL fuses are ok?

OP
OP
A

akelly

Free Member
Feb 6, 2015
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
RV Hi Top
Exp
6 Years
Hi thanks for all your help I have checked the fuses they are ok we have spoken to Highbridge and they are going to do it under warranty as the Motorhome is jest over 2 years old, which is a big relief as my wife has no confidence in my electrical skills since I connected our door bell direct to the mains it did not like one bit and blew up so I am not allowed to play with anything electrical anymore.

Thanks again

For all yorr help

Allan

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Hi thanks for all your help I have checked the fuses they are ok we have spoken to Highbridge and they are going to do it under warranty as the Motorhome is jest over 2 years old, which is a big relief as my wife has no confidence in my electrical skills since I connected our door bell direct to the mains it did not like one bit and blew up so I am not allowed to play with anything electrical anymore.

Thanks again

For all yorr help

Allan
Can you update when they have found out what was wrong please.(y)

OP
OP
A

akelly

Free Member
Feb 6, 2015
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
RV Hi Top
Exp
6 Years
Hi Ed
We took it back to Highbridge they reset the Cp I asked how this was done for future reference you unscrew the Cp pull the 2 cables out wait 60 seconds and reconnect and off you go
Allan

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi Ed
We took it back to Highbridge they reset the Cp I asked how this was done for future reference you unscrew the Cp pull the 2 cables out wait 60 seconds and reconnect and off you go
Allan
All the did was effectivly turn the power off an on, you could have just pulled the fuse in the circuit that feeds it.

Something they don't tell you about is if you push the knob for too long it goes into shutdown mode. It says "OFF" on the screen for a couple of mins then goes blank and won't turn back on, leave it for about 10 min then it turns on but looses all your settings.

OP
OP
A

akelly

Free Member
Feb 6, 2015
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
RV Hi Top
Exp
6 Years
Thanks for that its all a bit of a learning curve we will press on until we encounter our next problem and next time hope we can sort it out with the help of you good guys

Many Thanks

Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back