Truma CP heating problem on electric (1 Viewer)

PeeAndDee

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 740
Exp
3 months
Hi

Any advice would be appreciated as we are currently in Denmark and only 3 days into an 8 week touring holiday in Scandinavia.

When we try to run the heating on electric hook up the air output is only lukewarm at best but change the fuel supply to gas and the heating is fantastic, I have read the instructions and manuals without success.

Can anybody offer any advice on the fault or do I need to find a Truma engineer to check the system?

Thanks

Peter

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I think you'll find that's as good as it gets,electric heating is always a poor substitute for gas,if you want to use the EHU you would be better to buy a freestanding heater and plug in!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it's cooler than it normally is on electric one of the elements has gone, it has 2 x900 watt elements.
As said waste of time on electric, we have never bothered with the electric option on any of our vans.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
If it's cooler than it normally is on electric one of the elements has gone, it has 2 x900 watt elements.
As said waste of time on electric, we have never bothered with the electric option on any of our vans.

I use duel mode in winter... if on EHU
The gas gets it upto temp in no time at all... then reverts to leccy to give sustained background heat after that...

Saving gas ;)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
The Truma heater is primarily a gas heater, says it all. Our Combi 6002 is no good on electric only below +5°C, you need the gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The electric heating in our Autosleeper was ok unless it is really cold outside. This was with a Truma Combi 4.
Our latest van has a gas only Truma Combi 6, we specified a no electric option as we rarely use EHU.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Make sure that you have selected two 'electric flashes' but, even then, you'l only have 1.8kW of heat. You need to switch the gas on, too. Gas adds another 6kW (4kW if only a '4' model). Running them both together, the gas will only be used while the demand exists. As everything warms up you may find it can cope on electric alone.
You can leave the setting like that even when not on EHU but may need to drop to one or no bars at places where the EHU has limited Amps or if electricity is chargeable (charges invariably exceed the cost of using gas).

OP
OP
P

PeeAndDee

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 740
Exp
3 months
Many thanks for all the help, I had not realised that there was such a performance difference between using electric and gas as the fuel.

We use the BP Gaslight bottles due to the weight saving and I had been trying to avoid using gas as I thought that it may be difficult to get replacement bottles here in Scandinavia but amazingly every campsite stocks the same Gaslight bottle and at a lower price than we pay in the UK so for the rest of the holiday we will be using gas for the heating, which we need as we came through a snowstorm today on the way towards Copenhagen.

Thanks for the help, love this website.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Bp gas lite bottles. In uk we have clip on regulator, 27 mm .
Do the scandinavian bottles have the same ?
If not will they swap them ok, and are they the left hand " butane" thread connector with a wheel valve on the bottle?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back