Truma control panel - help please (2 Viewers)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
My Kingham is fitted with a Truma CP Plus control panel.
The system wouldn't work this evening initially giving me the following fault code W255H (no connection between heating system and control panel??)
I scrolled through the control panel and inadvertently pressed the button probably at the wrong point and now l have no menu bar on the screen apart from a clock and spanner. I tried the spanner and attempted reset including PRSet and INIT but that hasn't a, brought back the menu bar and b, no heating etc.
Can anyone advise on how l get the menu bar back and if l am successful how to resolve the fault code that l mentioned at the start please?

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Fault No.: 0255
Flashing code: llll llll
Fault description: - No connection between heater and control panel
- Heater has no 12 V power supply
- Control panel cable faulty
1. Action: Ensure 12 V voltage under load at appliance input and check for AC
voltage components that can be generated by the power supply unit
or solar system.
2. Action: - Make connection between heater and control panel
- Check / replace control panel cable

You have the error description from the manual and by now you have probably tried everything but if nothing else treat this as moral support...

Press the rotary push button for long enough for the control panel to power and leave it for 20 minutes before trying again.

Is the W255H flashing and if it is then wait 20 minutes and then try a reset.

I find that for all things Truma giving it enough time alone to finish sulking helps and trying anything in the meantime just upsets it again.

When did the heating work previously and have there been any changes in the meantime?

How is your leisure battery performing? Are you on hook up? Does the hook up charge the battery? Are the habitation lights bright or dim? Can you measure the 12v voltage? Can you power off everything using 12v and see if the 12v to the heater gets a boost? Could it be a low 12v and the problem will fix itself when you charge up the battery?

Check for a bad connection by removing the Truma CP Plus from the mounting and connect and disconnect the RG-12 connection cable. Can you do the same at the heater end? Is it possible that the cable is damaged?

OP
OP
sylvester1954
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Many thanks for your reply Mark&Mindy. We are on an aire running on battery as there are no hook ups.
The heating was working the night before and we haven't moved the van since then.
The batteries are all showing good charge 12.4 each.
I have tried the reset process without success again.
I still have no menu bar only the clock and a spanner.
Still scratching my head.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Have you tried unplugging the cable connecting CP plus to boiler leave a few minutes and reconnect that should reboot it??

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Many thanks for your reply Mark&Mindy. We are on an aire running on battery as there are no hook ups.
The heating was working the night before and we haven't moved the van since then.
The batteries are all showing good charge 12.4 each.
I have tried the reset process without success again.
I still have no menu bar only the clock and a spanner.
Still scratching my head.
Did you measure the voltage at the boiler?

esaladino

Free Member
Mar 22, 2022
Funster No
MH
DIY
Any solution found to this issue. I am having the same problem. The first time I hooked the system up it gave me an error that the temp sensor was not hooked up. I did a PR reset and now I get nothing from the control panel and the occasional click from the boiler when I try a PR reset.

jamied123

Free Member
Dec 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
swift
My Kingham is fitted with a Truma CP Plus control panel.
The system wouldn't work this evening initially giving me the following fault code W255H (no connection between heating system and control panel??)
I scrolled through the control panel and inadvertently pressed the button probably at the wrong point and now l have no menu bar on the screen apart from a clock and spanner. I tried the spanner and attempted reset including PRSet and INIT but that hasn't a, brought back the menu bar and b, no heating etc.
Can anyone advise on how l get the menu bar back and if l am successful how to resolve the fault code that l mentioned at the start please?
Did you manage to sort this please ,, I have exact same problem

OP
OP
sylvester1954
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Did you manage to sort this please ,, I have exact same problem
I'm truly sorry but l can't for the life of me remember how this was resolved. I think that the panel just reset after "sulking", l certainly didn't have to take it for repair.
Really sorry l can't be of more help.

jamied123

Free Member
Dec 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
swift
I'm truly sorry but l can't for the life of me remember how this was resolved. I think that the panel just reset after "sulking", l certainly didn't have to take it for repair.
Really sorry l can't be of more help.
Did you have to change the wire or anything drastic ? Really struggling with it 😅

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have you tried disconnecting power to the boiler and the control and see if it resets. Power to the controler is separate to the boiler normally a connection block with a glass fuse behind the controller.

jamied123

Free Member
Dec 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
swift
Have you tried disconnecting power to the boiler and the control and see if it resets. Power to the controler is separate to the boiler normally a connection block with a glass fuse behind the controller.
Yes , all fuses checked , removed all power , removed all plugs and re plugged , removed control panel and disconnected, disconnected battery…

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
When a boiler is commissioned for the first time it can give the message about the temp sensor.
it says so in the instructions. Find the fitting/installation instructions and it shows you what to do. It also goes through this procedure when you've had the boiler apart. I had the same error message. I just followed the instructions and once it was left for 20 minutes to recycle, it all worked.

You can't rush these confounded German contraptions.

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
jamied123 are you able to check if there is 12v getting to the input terminals under the wiring cover on the Combi and is the 12v fuse and data cable connection that are under that cover ok

jamied123

Free Member
Dec 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
swift
I shall try this tomorrow.. do you know what cable is the 12v supply thanks

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
When you remove the cover the connections are marked 12v + /- and are on the left on the opposite side to the data cable connection .(which would be worth removing and refitting in case of a poor connection) The fuse that is under there , near the 12v connections , is glass 12v slow burn type. If there is not any 12v power getting to the Combi terminals (with the Motorhome control panel power turned on)try checking the fuses on the (Sargent ? ) PSU

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Any use ?
20210909_122851.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun